Marlite, RIP

gunga

Flashaholic
:mecry:

Well, the end has finally come. Marlite has passed away. After many months of being ill, he passed last sunday afternoon.

I will miss him, he was a good friend to me, practically a grandfather to me. He amused me with his humour, kept me in line with his candor, captivated me with his tales, and kept me grounded with his advice and friendship.

I will miss you Vic, may you bring light with you where ever you go.

:(

For those that knew him, please post and remind us of any happy memories you can share. funeral arrangements should be on the 12th if anyone is in town.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I am sorry to hear this, Gunga. It sounds like he was a really special friend.

I will take my brightest light and shine it towards the heaves for him. :candle:

Empath

Flashaholic
I took note of the kind and caring words he'd offer to our members when they would suffer a loss. Those that he knew, his kin, and those that called him friend are certainly worthy of those same condolences. They and we have lost a valued member and friend.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
condolencesani.gif
Our condolences and prayers go out to his loved ones.

DM51

Flashaholic
This is very sad news. He was always kind, considerate and courteous, and his posts were always good reading.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rest in peace, Marlite. Your light will never be extinguished.:(

I was looking around and found this post he made a few years ago:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/114913

It is fitting that he would post such a thing, and I cried watching it.

My deepest condolences extend to his family.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
This is very sad news. He was always kind, considerate and courteous, and his posts were always good reading.
How very true. Marlite was always very generous and thoughtful in his comments here. I'm sure many members were touched by his kindness.

Thanks for letting us know Gunga. My sincere condolences for all who knew him well.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another CPF lumenary(sic) goes into the light. A sad day for all of us at CPF. He brought some wit and wisdom to the board. Just re-read a couple of his threads about the "over 30" crowd, and back in the year "1955." Fun reads.

Condolences to his family and friends. Marlite, you will certainly be missed.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I didn't know Marlite, but it's obvious from Gunga's description that he was a wonderful person, and will be missed by many. Sincere condolences for the loss of a great life.