As Promised RA Clicky Beamshots High Cri and 170T

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all promised a fellow cpf member I would post some beamshots once I got my RA Clicky 170T comparing it with my High Cri Clicky.

This was my first time doing beamshots with a new camera I was still trying to get to grips with, so without further adue.

IMG_0004.jpg

Control

IMG_0009.jpg

RA Clicky High Cri 100 lumens

IMG_0008.jpg

RA Clicky 170 Tactical 170 Lumens

IMG_0010.jpg

RA Clicky High Cri 100 Lumens

IMG_0011.jpg

RA Clicky 170T 170 Lumens

And a little direct comparison

IMG_0011-1.jpg

Isnt that high cri just awesome, gotta say the 170 really out does the high cri throw wise, couldnt be without it out in the dark but then again I couldnt be without the high cri out in the dark, I need both!

And below are a few extras while I was set up.

IMG_0012.jpg

Eagletac T100C2 MKII on high

IMG_0013.jpg

Nitecore D10 R2

IMG_0015.jpg

Lummi Raw SS 100 lumens

IMG_0016.jpg

Lummi Wee SS 25 lumens

Let me know what you think and any advice is much appreciated :thumbsup:

EDIT: photoes appear different sizes but I think its just my upload site taking the p**s I will try and sort it

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Very interesting shots - thanks! The high CRI makes a massive difference.

BTW, you should pull all that Ragwort before it poisons livestock.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks DM51!

I didnt realize they were poisonous, I though they provided good markers for my shots. Its an old building plot anyway so I doubt livestock will get a chance.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Nice work! Those are great shots showing the differences of the two. Ive been saying it everywhere, but the High CRI is my go to light 99% of the time now.

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
Nice shots. The high cri color is great. I'm considering one. Is the d10 very much brighter than the high cri? I've got a d10 so that gives me an idea if the 100 lumens will suffice.

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
Thanks much! Great shots that really show the difference. Appreciate the education. The RA Clicky site, with all the options, always frustrated me. This makes the choice clear.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great photos. I always grab my high CRI for outside work and use the 170T for inside. It makes it much easier to see colors and if you are looking for a person hiding in camo... the High CRI makes it much easier to find them.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the beamshots. They are fantastic! Now I can't wait for the 170T to reach me. Been having sleepless nights thinking about it. I just wonder how it would compare to my 140 GT.

You are right about the 100 high CRI. Can't envision myself without it ever since I got it. Awesome colors it produces.

Btw, is your 170T bluish or yellowish as what some others had claimed? I wish for mine to be nearer to the warmer side. Even yellow is better than blue or green.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the feedback guys,

pjandyho, The tint is more on the blue range, its odd, right at the very hotspot its got a very white almost daylight colour then immediatly around that there is a tiny hint of yellow which turns back into blue/purple for the spill, its actually very good at making greens ands yellows 'pop'

e1sbaer, Hi I was always wary of getting such a low output light thinking that I need at least 100 lumens, When I got the high cri my thoughts changed, I hardly use the max level, the incan colour really helps your eyes at night and less lumens is needed, the D10 used to be my go to light because i always thought it has a nice even beam and the tint was quite a nice even daylight colour, looking at them in comparison the D10 has a smaller and duller hotspot with brighter spill but there seems to be a dark area around the hotspot. Looking at the High Cri the hotspot is noticably bigger and brighter with a smoother transition into a slightly duller spill. I hope that helps.

I hope to get my hands on a tripod and research a bit more on my camera and find a better shooting area, then once I get my XP-G warm Twisty back I will get some better shots.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey abarth_1200, if I am not wrong, your camera is exhibiting some hot pixels. It is the inability of the particular photo-site to shut down. Did you notice some consistent bright spots on a very dark photo? And they seem to appear on the same location shot after shot? If that is the case then they are indeed hot pixels and you need to send it in to the service center for re-mapping of the image capturing sensor.

Point Source

Newly Enlightened
One of the greatest travesties I've observed during my time here on CPF is the near absence of beamshots for the High CRI Clicky. You've done a great job correcting the issue. Such a good job, in fact, that you've left little to be gained from actually observing a High CRI Clicky in person.

Just buy one already, and that goes for everyone. :twothumbs

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why did you have to go and make me regret selling my High CRI? :mecry: I was thinking I would be getting a 170T some day to replace it, but now I'm not so sure.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho, Ha I just noticed that, the little spots that look like lights in the distance right. It is quiet an old camera I got from my mum I dont think servicing would be worth it, Im thinking about getting a new camera this year.