• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Solarforce FWD LOCK-OUT tailcap – L2R FWD Switch Drop-in – L2 FWD Switch Drop-ins

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all! This is a sort-of continuation of my Forward Switch Dropins for the Solarforce L2 & other Flashlights.

Solarforce FWD LOCK-OUT Tailcap – 1 Item

This is a trial run...

The tailcap is a genuine Solarforce that has anodized threads. It works in Solarforce BUT NOT Surefire bodies.

The rubber bootie is a 16mm one as shown in the pic below. Switch is a Forward Switch like the ones I make...

igp3901.jpg

igp4058ps.jpg

Solarforce L2R FWD Switch Drop-in – 1 Item ONLY

This one and there won't be any more. I happen to have an extra PCB that is roughly the same with the SLF one. I have installed a KD FWD Stitch and made some improvements.

igp3218.jpg

this is an old photo, the switch on the left is a WF-502 one. Soldering is much better than shown.

This drop-in switch has been tested in a L2R. It will fit with the help of spacers I will provide.

Forward Switch Drop-ins for the Solarforce L2 & Other Flashlights
Sold in pairs - Please State your Host upon Ordering

This is my FWD Switch mod seen here, & this is a limited to 4 pieces only second run.

switchesw.jpg

I have received a new batch of PCBs to mount the switches on. These ones are a new style (different from the pics) and require the use of a new spring to be installed. The switch & the configuration is the same that JetBeam, Fenix, 4Sevens, Dereelight & Solarforce use.

Solarforce L2P Compatibility
The drop-in will fit in there but being a bit longer than the original switch, it will extend towards the body by about 1.5mm. That means that while there will be electrical contact, the tailcap will not screw all the way down. Since it requires the use of a rubber bootie with no stem inside, I will provide a new one to save from modifying the original one.

Installation instructions

Solarforce L2 Installation

It is shown here. You replace the original parts shown with the supplied ones and you are GTG.

keep.jpg

replace.jpg

Solarforce L2P & L2R Installation

These require the use of spacers that I will provide

Prices
Solarforce FWD LOCK-OUT Tailcap – 10 Euros + 2 for postage
Solarforce L2R FWD Switch Drop-in – 5 Euros + 1 for postage - sold - shipped
Solarforce FWD Switch Drop-in – 1 pair - 10 Euros + 2 for postage - sold - shipped
Solarforce FWD Switch Drop-in – 1 pair - 10 Euros + 2 for postage - sold- shipped

exchange rates here: http://www.xe.com/

Ordering Instructions
Reserve or Pay for the items you wish.
If you are ready to order, Paypal me the amount to [email protected]
If you are combining items please inform me before paying for combined shipping charges.

Please free to contact me for possible future sales. Thank you for your business, Kostas

Last edited:

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
I'll take:

Solarforce L2R FWD Switch Drop-in – 5 Euros + 1 for postage
Solarforce FWD Switch Drop-in – 1 pair - 10 Euros + 2 for postage
Solarforce FWD Switch Drop-in – 1 pair - 10 Euros + 2 for postage

I'll send a PM for combined pricing.

Note - If you'd rather reserve a pair for someone else, or wait until someone else has had a chance to buy, that's OK! I'm not in a rush. :D

- Syncytial.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow! returning customer!

I will have to answer you on postage tommorow, and if there will be another possible buyer for a pair only by then....

Thanks....

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Syncytial, 24 hours have gone by and noone was interested.....

the drop-ins are yours....

25 euros +2.7 shipping.

Sadly we missed the weekend window so i will have them shipped Monday...

Please let me know how many you will install in L2P, so to include the necessary booties.

Thank you

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
What is the max current these handle?

2A?
3?
4?
5?
10A:party:

bigchelis,

I'm not looking at using these in high current applications. I'm just using them to convert from reverse to forward operation in some lights (like the Masterpiece Pro/L2P) where I'd prefer it. I'm moving toward using a forward style switch in most applications, even multi-mode lights.

In applications that would benefit from higher current handling I'm using McClicky, Moddoo, or AW switches as appropriate.

See Kostas' thread referred to in the first post for some current handling info on these switches.

Kostas,

I anticipate using all the switches in L2P based lights.

- Syncytial.

P.S. - PP sent!

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigchelis....

I have tested them up to 3+A....direct drive MC-E and WA1185....

Syncytial...will finish assembly tomorrow and will ship monday. Thank you

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will do IF i ever find another PCB for it...

I ahve one for either me, or a club memeber that I owe him a FWD mod for hsi Ultarfire 502B

But if you manage to locate a reaining ring that is metallic and fits, I have another solution.

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
Received the switches for the L2Ps and the L2R today.

All installed and working as desired. :D

Once again, Kostas packed securely, yet economically, and included plenty of washers and boots.

Thanks! :twothumbs

- Syncytial.

Latest posts