Jetbeam RRT-0 R5 confusion (daily mode output)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I and a friend of mine are both considering buying a Jetbeam RRT-0 R5, but we're confused by the specs listed by websites. Some (ex: bugoutgear) list the daily mode level as 50 lumens for 7.5 hours, while some (ex: lightjunction) list it as 150 lumens for 3 hours. We'd both greatly prefer the latter, as 50 lumens to 255 is a huge jump without any inbetween.

So which one is correct? Or are there 2 different versions of the R5 edition?

TIA.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
JetBeam's own website lists output matching BugOutGear's listed specs (except for max) but for the R2. So I'm not sure who is correct now. I agree with you as far as level separation but in actual use it shouldn't be that glaringly disproportionate. 50 lumens for me is great for general use.

Last edited:

yowzer

Enlightened
The figures on lightjunction's page seem about right for the XP-G R5 based on ye old mk. 1 eyeball and comparing to a few other lights. The ones on jetbeam and BOG's sites are for the older XR-E R2 powered version.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
The figures on lightjunction's page seem about right for the XP-G R5 based on ye old mk. 1 eyeball and comparing to a few other lights. The ones on jetbeam and BOG's sites are for the older XR-E R2 powered version.

Well, the high is the R5 high (240 for R2), but the daily, mid, low and low-low are the R2 levels. The levels on LightJunction seems to be the "updated" levels.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Ok, I just checked it against my Ti Quark 123 R5 on the high (85 Lumen) setting and my RRT-0 R5 is brighter on the Daily mode.

I was using an RCR123 in the Quark and a CR123 in the RRT-0.

My guess is that it is closer to 150, it is definitely brighter than 50 Lumens.