Newly Enlightened
Hi, I recently buy an Ansmann Future Flashlight like this
http://www.wolkdirekt.com/taschenlampen-_-5301320.html
It works with 1xAA Battery and the specifications are
Cree Led 0.5w 30 lumens
I want to mod it so i ask a Free Sample from Cree
1 XP-E led and 1 MX-6 led
So i supose that my flashlight have a boost up circuit/driver
Wich is the better option, use the xp-e or mx6 led with the original boost circuit and one AA battery, or use a AA 3.6v lithium battery and a voltage/curent regulator?
The leds need 3.5v 1000mah

Last edited:

showlyshah

Banned
hey dude i have got one of those. but its a china made one. i think urs too will be china made one. just check it out.
mine have
1. a small pretty reflector with a small 5mm led which have a small dome so that the beam is not focused, and the reflector can focus it.
2. the light have a driver board which contains a single mosfet? and few components.
3. it can accept all types of aa cells and have a click switch at the tail cap.
4. a small lanyard is also provided.
5. there is a spacer in between the driver board and a board which helps to make the contact with the +ve of the battery.

if all the above are correct , we have the same ones. and i have modded it
and don't get fooled with its o/p.its a normal high o/p 5mm led. and it don't have a .5w o/p.

i modded it with a 3w luxeon and it gives a pretty good o/p.
don't use the default o/p. it cant even drive a .5w 100ma led. i checked it and it burned out. and when u put some heat sink to it, there will be no room for a driver any more. u can use the same reflector. and go for 14500 li-ion. direct drive. if u want to know how i modded it, reply me. i will upload pics.
and one more thing, i am going for a small asperic for it. i have got a small one. say going to make a nano DFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghostbuster

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

showlyshah

Banned
ya itz the same. The same driver. But i dnt think it can handle 250 ma. I dnt remb the mosfet? Number. If it can handle 250 ma then why mine fired out while i try to drive a .5 w led@ 100 ma on a 1.2v,800 ma ni-cad!
I pushed the whole circuit board from behind ie through the battery compartment using an old AA battery. The whole circuit board along with the glass lens,reflector,led,spacer,and a little spring came out through the front. So check it out.
And why do u want a driver? I told u that after u put a good heatsink for a good led, there will be no more room for a driver. So better go for a 14500.

Last edited:

Latest posts