Best battery configuration for a 2D Maglite

007adan

Newly Enlightened
Putting a P4 and a 5 mode driver in a 2D maglite. I was thinking about sleeving up 2 18650 batteries but it's too much juice for the driver to handle. Any Ideas????

somename

Newly Enlightened
Putting a P4 and a 5 mode driver in a 2D maglite. I was thinking about sleeving up 2 18650 batteries but it's too much juice for the driver to handle. Any Ideas????

I have not checked on your driver specs but if it is too many volts (in series) then you could try another configuration. Is there enough room to put the 2 18650 cells side by side and run in parallel (same voltage as 1 cell but twice the mAh capacity for long run time).

If there is not room to place them side by side, you can always place them stacked using a custom battery holder which will still connect battery1 + to battery 2 + and the battery1 - and battery2 - together so basically they are still in parallel.

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could switch your driver to a buck driver. I like the SOB drivers from the shoppe for my mods. :thumbsup:

007adan

Newly Enlightened
I like the aa adapter idea..Where do you find the dummy cells?

I also like the 2 18650 in parallel idea, Is there someone making an adapter for a decent price?

007adan

Newly Enlightened
Batteryjunction.com has cr123a dummy cells.. I may be able to sleeve up a nice configuration here..