Ra Bros.

redbike

Newly Enlightened
DSC_0067.jpg

This beautiful 170 Executive arrived yesterday to keep a 120 Tactical company. Absolutely beautiful - right down to the OEM clip!

Voider

Enlightened
Very nice! Now I'm going to have to check into them. And the list grows:D

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks for the eye candy, redbike. One of these days I'll have one too. Can only resist but so long.

Geoff

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought Henry was retiring the "Ra Clicky" name and re-branding all his lights as "HDS EDC"? Or did you buy this second hand?

redbike

Newly Enlightened
I thought Henry was retiring the "Ra Clicky" name and re-branding all his lights as "HDS EDC"? Or did you buy this second hand?

No, called HDS a week ago and ordered as a custom. Don't have an explanation m'self on the branding but perhaps others will chime in. I used it last night to get off a local Folk Festival grounds (Van Morrison!) at closing. Very nice - great throw, no artifacts and decent color, for non-CRI, of course.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, Henry stated that ,in time, the Ra brand would phase into the HDS brand. No biggie, but I do have a sweet spot for the *Ra* label:).

But enough about clickies;), me want headband:D.

Hey Redbike nice looking lights & how was Van Morrison's performance?

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, Henry stated that ,in time, the Ra brand would phase into the HDS brand. No biggie, but I do have a sweet spot for the *Ra* label:).
And if he already has a stock of bezels engraved with the Ra name, it makes sense to use them up instead of tossing them out and starting over.

redbike

Newly Enlightened
Hey Redbike nice looking lights & how was Van Morrison's performance?

Wish I'd been able to hear him 30 years ago. Played like he didn't really give a $hit. Still, he played all the usual suspects and he does play a pretty good sax. Sold out crowd and the Edmonton Folk Music Festival is always a great event. Tonight was Ben Harper; now he always puts on a great show. Had my G5 to light up the sky.

The changeover on the HDS engraving/naming issue makes sense to me.

Matt7337

Enlightened
No, called HDS a week ago and ordered as a custom. Don't have an explanation m'self on the branding but perhaps others will chime in. I used it last night to get off a local Folk Festival grounds (Van Morrison!) at closing. Very nice - great throw, no artifacts and decent color, for non-CRI, of course.

Van the man grew up a stones throw from where I live now, y'know :thumbsup: I'm sure it was an awesome gig!