The Fenix-Store        
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Ra Bros.

  1. #1

    Default Ra Bros.



    This beautiful 170 Executive arrived yesterday to keep a 120 Tactical company. Absolutely beautiful - right down to the OEM clip!

  2. #2
    Flashaholic iacchus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Great pic!
    That is stunning.

  3. #3
    Flashaholic Voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Very nice! Now I'm going to have to check into them. And the list grows

  4. #4
    *Flashaholic* Flying Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    6,447

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Thanks for the eye candy, redbike. One of these days I'll have one too. Can only resist but so long.

    Geoff

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    I thought Henry was retiring the "Ra Clicky" name and re-branding all his lights as "HDS EDC"? Or did you buy this second hand?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    I thought Henry was retiring the "Ra Clicky" name and re-branding all his lights as "HDS EDC"? Or did you buy this second hand?
    No, called HDS a week ago and ordered as a custom. Don't have an explanation m'self on the branding but perhaps others will chime in. I used it last night to get off a local Folk Festival grounds (Van Morrison!) at closing. Very nice - great throw, no artifacts and decent color, for non-CRI, of course.

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* fisk-king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    close to U.N.A.
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    IIRC, Henry stated that ,in time, the Ra brand would phase into the HDS brand. No biggie, but I do have a sweet spot for the *Ra* label.

    But enough about clickies, me want headband.

    Hey Redbike nice looking lights & how was Van Morrison's performance?
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by fisk-king View Post
    IIRC, Henry stated that ,in time, the Ra brand would phase into the HDS brand. No biggie, but I do have a sweet spot for the *Ra* label.
    And if he already has a stock of bezels engraved with the Ra name, it makes sense to use them up instead of tossing them out and starting over.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by fisk-king View Post
    Hey Redbike nice looking lights & how was Van Morrison's performance?
    Wish I'd been able to hear him 30 years ago. Played like he didn't really give a $hit. Still, he played all the usual suspects and he does play a pretty good sax. Sold out crowd and the Edmonton Folk Music Festival is always a great event. Tonight was Ben Harper; now he always puts on a great show. Had my G5 to light up the sky.

    The changeover on the HDS engraving/naming issue makes sense to me.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* Kilovolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lake Como, Italy
    Posts
    2,392

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    A 170 E and a 120 T or a 170 T and a 120 E?



  11. #11
    Flashaholic Matt7337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    No, called HDS a week ago and ordered as a custom. Don't have an explanation m'self on the branding but perhaps others will chime in. I used it last night to get off a local Folk Festival grounds (Van Morrison!) at closing. Very nice - great throw, no artifacts and decent color, for non-CRI, of course.
    Van the man grew up a stones throw from where I live now, y'know I'm sure it was an awesome gig!
    I now own too many lights to list in my signature! My current EDC favourites are a Nitecore SRT3 and Olight S1R.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ra Bros.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilovolt View Post
    A 170 E and a 120 T or a 170 T and a 120 E?
    Two beautiful lights, both living in a beautiful part of the world!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •