Compact, rubberised, LED light?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know of any compact, rubberised LED lights. I really like the looks of the Lightwave 2100, with pushbutton switch and lanyard addachemnt, but it looks a bit LONG to replace the Kubaton on my keyring. (I want rubber to protect my car doors.)

Any Suggestions?
TIA

avusblue

Enlightened
I'll always have a soft spot for the Lightwave 2100. It was the LED light that started it all for me, long before I found CPF and that there are others that enjoy our little hobby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And you know what? The 2100 is actually a pretty good light . . . . it's got decent brightness, very long runtime, is extremely durable and tough, and has a really nice quality "grippable" feel. Good switch feel too. I recommend it as a good "all arounder" that is a great value too.

But don't even think about it as a keychain light. It's bigger than a MiniMaglite, after all, it has 3AA batteries in there.

Dave

paulr

Flashaholic
Try the UKE 2AAA eLED, about $10 from brightguy.com. Not rubberized, but made of ABS plastic and shouldn't scratch anything.

B@rt

Flashaholic
The PALights are rubberized, but maybe a bit bulky for your keychain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
pworkmanhome.jpg

PALights

Another option would be an Arc AAA with heat-shrink tubing or a piece of aquarium tubing...
010838150051t.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Try the UKE 2AAA eLED, about $10 from brightguy.com. Not rubberized, but made of ABS plastic and shouldn't scratch anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
and it's waterproof.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
or you could check out a pt eclipse if you decide not to go rubberized..

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The little UK 2AAA ELed is in my memory a great little light. Alas, my Dad decided he liked it, and I haven't got around to getting another yet.

Or as was mentioned, an ARC AAA with some sort of shrink tubing or hose cover. It is a MOST AWESOME light!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for the input. Since my main goal is to replace the Kubaton on my keyring, I think I will go with the Streamlight Batonlight. The LED Museum gave it a good review, and I have found that BrightGuy will sell it for significantly less than the FIFTY DOLLARS suggested on the Streamlight webpage. I am hopeing that the Lexan endcap will reduce the chance of scratching my car.

P.S. A 2 x 123A version of the Lightwave 2100 would be WONDERFULL, but as they have just released a new set of lights, I doubt if we wll be seeing anything compact in the near future. Still, one can dream...