New Arc TSP's have HA on the INSIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
New Arc TSP\'s have HA on the INSIDE!

I just received TSP-123 and 2AA power packs from Arc (unbelievably fast, I might ad! Great service as usual) and I noticed that both of them were lined with black plastic. This gives a snugger fit to the batteries and replaces the chemkote, I presume, and in general seems like a good idea to me, although I do wonder about thermal issues. i.e. do the liners insulate the batteries and would this matter even if they did? Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone know why Arc has started doing this? Or is it possible that I got TSP's from a certain production run which used plastic liners but that the newest TSP's do not have them? Anyone know anything about this? Peter?

[EDIT] see reply below -- it's HA! not plastic

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Arc TSP\'s have plastic liners

The lining is actually a continuation of the HA (Hard Anodize) from the outside. It is applied at the same time. There is no plastic involved. It is HA coated Aluminum. We replaced some of the chemkote with HA because HA is more durable. We just use chemkote now where surface conductivity is required. In fact, the LS4 will not use any chemkote. HA is about 10 times more durable and resistant to corrosion. Not all flashlight manufacturers HA the inside of their battery compartment! Just an extra Arc plus.

Peter

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Arc TSP\'s have plastic liners

WOW!

EXCELLENT!

Peter that is simply the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. That is so great! Thanks for telling me. I just assumed (obviously) that it was plastic.

Thanks for making a light whose quality is beyond all expectation. Who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.