Huge Props to Surefire CS - short story

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
SF is known for their CS and generosity and I wanted to share this from earlier this afternoon.

Here's the background:

I have an M2 and an original 9P that I switched the bezel to a black, special run, M2 bezel from a few years ago. The bezels work just fine and I have no complaints whatsoever however with my Malkoff M61's I've lost some of the spill and so I wanted to replace the bezels with ones from a C2 and a 6P.

I was driving on the freeway about a half hour from Surefire when I called to place the bezel order. They asked if I needed replacements and I clearly told them that I didn't, there's nothing wrong with the bezels and this is just me tweaking my lights. I told them I am neither requesting nor needing replacement bezels. $65 with tax was the credit card charge and they toldl me that they'd be ready within 30 minutes at Will Call.

When I arrived I was greeted by Eric who handed me the parts and said that he'd reversed the charge on my credit card and they were gratis on the house. He asked about the mods and I explained the spill concern and he said the new bezels should help with that. He also asked if there was anything else I needed for my lights and I replied that there wasn't.

I have to give huge thumbs up to Surefire. The parts were ready for pick up with 30 mins, they knew this wasn't a replacement/broken part issue and the charged my credit card as I expected. That they canceled the charge just blew me away.

My next light will be a SF for sure.

Last edited:

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
I own 9 Surefires and love each and every one of them. I've dealt with SF's CS several times and they have been awesome. They definitely go above and beyond what most Customer Service/Support do (I know this as I have dealt with a lot of CS from different companies).

You may pay more for the light initially but from my experience the lights are built like tanks and Surefire's Customer Service is second to none!

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I have to say every time I have dealt with surefire CS it has always been a pleasure, though the girl I placed my order from last week was a bit hyper to say the least, I think she needed to slow down on the coffee:D

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
Great story, thanks for sharing. Definitely above and beyond the call service.

My experience with them has been great too. Had an issue with a wobbly tail-cap and they sent a new one out no questions asked.

Their gear's pricey but I'm willing to pay extra for a quality product with great after sale service. :thumbsup:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto...replacement parts in-bound as I type. Because I'm over here, they made the extra effort to make sure they got the right addy instead of my default...a very common mistake, which SF appears to be aware of. I told them my glass broke on an older 6P a few weeks ago as well, so they're sending me a whole new bezel...SF CS...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me of Sears and their policy regarding the Craftsman brand, where even tools that have clearly been abused are replaced without question. Of course you have to wonder if companies like this would be able to lower their prices if they took a more sensible approach to customer service. Or is this a case of overcharging for your products in order to cover the cost of people who abuse replacement policies?

NE450No2

Enlightened
I have been using SureFire lights since they first came out. My 2 first 6P's are still going strong...

I toured the Factory a few years ago, as a friend of mine was a friend of the factory.

They gave me an A2 Aviator and an E1e, [they knew what other SF lights I had, and wanted me to test thest two...].

They knew their products, and knew what they were doing as several years, thest 2 lights are my EDC when ever I leave the House, no matter if I am going to the Grocery store, and back or going to Alaska or Africa for over a month.
I would take both of them with me to the surface of the sun.

At my house the E1e is in my pocket 100% of the time, and I use the A2 to go from my Man Cave to the Bedroom EVERY night.

They also sent me and my buddy over to the SF Audio lab and tested my ears... With dismal results, I am sad to say, too much active gunfire and too many stun grenades...
I carry a set of SureFire "earplugs in my pocket, 100% of the time as well.

I found SureFire to be one of the BEST, if not THE BEST, company I have ever delt with.

The PEOPLE, and the PRODUCT, are SECOND TO NONE...

IMHO of course... And I am pretty Picky...

And I have been using flashlights since before I was a Cub Scout...

Yang1815

Newly Enlightened
So many great stories regarding SureFire!

I'm glad to say that I currently own 6 SureFires and have yet need to contact them for any warranty/replacement work but it sure is nice to know that if I do, I'll be taken care of!

KD5XB

Enlightened
This reminds me of Sears and their policy regarding the Craftsman brand, where even tools that have clearly been abused are replaced without question. Of course you have to wonder if companies like this would be able to lower their prices if they took a more sensible approach to customer service. Or is this a case of overcharging for your products in order to cover the cost of people who abuse replacement policies?

Last time I had a problem with a Craftsman tool, the store wouldn't give me a new replacement, they pulled out a used, "refurbished" item with somebody else's DL# engraved on it. I no longer buy Craftsman ANYTHING.

Yang1815

Newly Enlightened
So many great stories regarding SureFire!

I'm glad to say that I currently own 6 SureFires and have yet need to contact them for any warranty/replacement work but it sure is nice to know that if I do, I'll be taken care of!

Make that seven now! :twothumbs

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened
Started out in this hobby with other lights but once I tried one Surefire, I was hooked and haven't bought anything else. When I got my M2, I only had about a minute of use and the stock P60 died. Called the customer service line, explainded what happened and about 3 weeks later had a new lamp assembly. Very easy to deal with and part of the reason I have 7 Surefires and will likely get one or two more.