Suggestion For ARC Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
With the recent multi-state blackout last week, I got to thinking that if I were Peter (ARC Flashlight's Owner), I would put on a repeat of the 4th of July sale promotion, perhaps limited to residents of the affected states as both a super sales opportunity & a goodwill gesture (not that they really need an image boost!).

While I live in TX, my brother lives in NYC, and he was on the 24th floor of a building when the lights went out. Since he isn't a fellow flashaholic, he didn't have anything to light his way to the ground floor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif, but two of his co-workers had keychain lights (one ARC & one Photon).

The next day, he called me to ask what I carry when off duty, which happens to be an Arc-AAA, and as much as I love him, I am unwilling to part with! I gave him the web address and told him that it was too bad this didn't happen back in July, which is what made me think of suggesting bringing it back.

Just thought I'd voice my suggestion! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Experiment 626,

Read Peter Gransee's first post in the "Arc AAA price point" thread. The easy way to do this is to read it in "threaded" mode and find the posts by Gransee. NOTE: nothing against your suggestion. Just wanted you to realize what the July sale really was. Below is a link to it.

At any rate, Arc products are STILL on sale, including the Arc AAA standard and premium.

link here

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
Jim:

Well, I read the post you referenced.....and I'm glad I did. I didn't realize (or perhaps didn't stop to think about it) that Peter was running on such a narrow margin. I hereby withdraw my suggestion. I would rather pay $35-40 for additional Arc's in the future than to have such a quality company go out of business!!

Peter:

I meant no offence in my suggestion, nor was I in ANY way implying that your products are over-priced. After reading that post, I realize that you are just a guy that enjoys making a quality product and isn't out to make a fortune (like some larger L.E. geared mfg's that shall remain nameless). To be honest, in reference to the whole "price point" issue, people tend to get what they pay for...in this case a d*mn good light for a quite reasonable price. If Arc were to leave the market, we would all suffer. Hang in there brother!

I think I'll order an Arc-AAA LE (for ME!) and mail my current Arc to my brother on Monday!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Experiment_626 said:
...I think I'll order an Arc-AAA LE (for ME!) and mail my current Arc to my brother on Monday!

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.