Fenix PD30 Servicing issues

gjkung

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I signed up cuz I've been having problems getting my Fenix PD30 fixed.

Bought it in April and it started malfunctioning in May, then I decided to send it in for warranty servicing, that took 2 months which i find it ridiculous, got it back last week and today it got stuck in LOW mode again.

When it came back from servicing, all the grooves were filled with sand/dust, looked like a shabby job.

Has anyone had experience with Fenix servicing before? Cuz this really sucked for me, I've only used it for 1 month. I was really expensive too at 99SGD.

I can't find any info on pass experience with Fenix servicing, so I came here to ask.

Thanks!

gjkung

Newly Enlightened
Damn, they're always slow huh.

So I guess getting the PD30 was a gamble huh, once it's spoiled the 2 years warranty is hardly any use at this speed and quality.

What exactly was the problem with your light? Mine's an R4 too, and it's just stuck in Low mood, did yours die completely?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my pd30 r4 stopped working after 1 night. sent it back in january(8 months ago) through the dealer i purchased it from. still havent seen it. and the dealer doesnt reply to my emails.

my first and last fenix. im going to send an email directly to fenix asking about it, and telling them my experience, maybe they can change my mind about their company.

*rant finished* my apologizes.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had 2 pd30's the latest a r2 version with about 70 hours on it. Never had any problems, so cannot reply to servicing issues...but rare for them to break.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
gjkung sorry to hear about your trouble I have way to Fenix light's for my own good and the only problem I have ever had with any is a faulty switch in a LD10.

Other than that with others there may have been a loose switch retaining ring in the tailcap which was easily fixed with tightening it up, this caused some problems like you describe.

I would suggest you try and see it through and give Fenix one more shot, I have other more expensive light's but I continue to find myself using my Fenix light's. Good luck I hope it eventually works out for you.

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened
Damn, they're always slow huh.

So I guess getting the PD30 was a gamble huh, once it's spoiled the 2 years warranty is hardly any use at this speed and quality.

What exactly was the problem with your light? Mine's an R4 too, and it's just stuck in Low mood, did yours die completely?

No problem at all until it stops working just after replacing with a new set of batteries.

It was smelling electrical short-circuit in the head.

CampingMaster

mclight

Newly Enlightened
well crickey...

I bought a PD30 back in June. Have used it pretty steadily mainly in evenings to walk dog. It's worked fine. Then tonight, I go to use it and it won't turn on. Changed batteries - still same thing - click click, no light. Looks like a discolored spot on the contact where the battery makes contact, behind the LED. Did something short out up in the brains? If warranty is sending this thing to China - it just became a $70 fishing lure. grrrrr

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
well crickey...

I bought a PD30 back in June. Have used it pretty steadily mainly in evenings to walk dog. It's worked fine. Then tonight, I go to use it and it won't turn on. Changed batteries - still same thing - click click, no light. Looks like a discolored spot on the contact where the battery makes contact, behind the LED. Did something short out up in the brains? If warranty is sending this thing to China - it just became a $70 fishing lure. grrrrr

Whenever you have a fenix problem, you basically have to fix it. The warranty is basically worthless... Also, try cleaning up the contact, as well as the threads. One time that got mine working again.

njet212

Enlightened
Hi, i have also problem on my Fenix but it is not the PD30 but it is LD20 Q5 OD color edition. Not sure what cause this, but it have a cracked on the body.

Emailed the Fenix directly which is they answer relatively fast ( 1 day i got replied ) and they said to sent the light to China for further inspection. Sent it on 18 August arrived on China on 24 August. And they said my light are still inspected and they will let me know as soon as they find the solution.

But i haven't heard back from them until today...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i have also problem on my Fenix but it is not the PD30 but it is LD20 Q5 OD color edition. Not sure what cause this, but it have a cracked on the body.

Emailed the Fenix directly which is they answer relatively fast ( 1 day i got replied ) and they said to sent the light to China for further inspection. Sent it on 18 August arrived on China on 24 August. And they said my light are still inspected and they will let me know as soon as they find the solution.

But i haven't heard back from them until today...

Are you saying your body just cracked with no drop involved? That sucks I've never heard of that happening before with Fenix, did you take any pictures, I'd like to see it?

Hope you get a satisfactory solution and if they got your light on Aug. 24 it's only been there a handful of days, personally I would expect it to take up to 1-2 weeks after they receive it before they ship you something back.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever you have a fenix problem, you basically have to fix it. The warranty is basically worthless...

Where are you buying your fenix flashlights? Must be some bad dealer. Because in Europe, when you have a problem, you just contact the dealer and they take care of you. They have only 30 days to solve the warranty issue and they usually make it on time.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you buying your fenix flashlights? Must be some bad dealer. Because in Europe, when you have a problem, you just contact the dealer and they take care of you. They have only 30 days to solve the warranty issue and they usually make it on time.

My dealer went out of business in the months since I bought my light. I emailed fenix, they were absolutely no help at all...

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I signed up cuz I've been having problems getting my Fenix PD30 fixed.

Bought it in April and it started malfunctioning in May, then I decided to send it in for warranty servicing, that took 2 months which i find it ridiculous, got it back last week and today it got stuck in LOW mode again.

When it came back from servicing, all the grooves were filled with sand/dust, looked like a shabby job.

Has anyone had experience with Fenix servicing before? Cuz this really sucked for me, I've only used it for 1 month. I was really expensive too at 99SGD.

I can't find any info on pass experience with Fenix servicing, so I came here to ask.

Thanks!

I own a few Fenixes so far none of them gave me any problems. I've just got the PD30 R4 a week ago and its still going strong. What was the issue prior to the warranty claim? Same as what you've facing currently? I seems like the driver shorted when its stuck with low. That's what happened to my Icon, but for that I got a one to one exchange from the distributor. I assume you got it in Singapore when you mentioned SGD99. As far as I know, there's only one distributor in here and you might have gotten it from a retailer at the price you mentioned. Do PM me if you want, I might be able to help.

Cheers

mhousley

Newly Enlightened
my pd30 r4 stopped working after 1 night. sent it back in january(8 months ago) through the dealer i purchased it from. still havent seen it. and the dealer doesnt reply to my emails.

my first and last fenix. im going to send an email directly to fenix asking about it, and telling them my experience, maybe they can change my mind about their company.

*rant finished* my apologizes.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your Fenix light. Although, we'd be happy to help you here at Fenix Outfitters. You should send us your defective light, and we'd be happy to replace it for you free of charge. Even though we aren't your original dealer, it's our goal to provide great customer service to all Fenix users. So send me an email: [email protected], and we'll sort you out.

- Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wondering whether one of my e01's has been damaged, or if it just has a fault.

I gave my son an e01, and it is now definitely significantly less bright compared to another e01 I have thats around the same age. I've given it a clean, swapped batteries, and swapped bodies with the one that is brighter and no difference.

The reason I'm wondering if it has been damaged is a few times he's fallen asleep with it turned on and I've only turned it off a few hours later, meanwhile its been clutched in his hot little hand under the covers so its pretty hot.

The other thing is at one point he took the battery out and put it in the wrong way, he was then trying (and failing) to thread the head back on - he never got it threaded to get it on, so the contacts on the outside edge of the head never touched the non-anodised ring on the body. But could this have still caused damaged? I don't think there was ever a reverse circuit, but all the points on the bottom of the head (which is flat) would have been touching the flat base of the battery. But that isn't a circuit, right? If you did manage to get the head on with the battery reversed, would you simply totally destroy the led, or would it reduce the brightness like it is?

Or is it faulty?

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. We'd be happy to help you out here at Fenix Outfitters. Just send it in and we'll replace it for you. It sounds like you've got a defective light so we'd like you to be satisfied with a new, working light. Just email me and we'll sort you out: [email protected].

- Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dealer went out of business in the months since I bought my light. I emailed fenix, they were absolutely no help at all...

If you've got a problem with your Fenix light as well, email me at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help you. Fenix Outfitters is more than happy to help anyone with a problem with their Fenix light. It's our goal to supply a working light to all who want the best light on the market. Thanks.

- Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone that is having problems with their Fenix light, email me at [email protected]. We'd be happy to provide you great customer service at Fenix Outfitters and hopefully get you a working light. With most cases, we'll replace it for you at no charge.

- Matt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

njet212

Enlightened
Are you saying your body just cracked with no drop involved? That sucks I've never heard of that happening before with Fenix, did you take any pictures, I'd like to see it?

Hope you get a satisfactory solution and if they got your light on Aug. 24 it's only been there a handful of days, personally I would expect it to take up to 1-2 weeks after they receive it before they ship you something back.

dsc00848h.jpg

I have been dropped my LD20 several times but only less than 5 times and it's less than 2 meters drop. I'm also not really sure if the dropped cause cracked on LD20 body. I'm bit surprised also about the cracked by the way because before i decide to get this light i saw on you abusive test for Fenix light and it could stand the abuse.

Finally i have emails from fenix today and i really pleased about their answer, here's the email from fenix.

The repair department has replaced your defective LD20 to the new black one as there is not any olive green body to change.

So we will send back the new LD20 to you, we will check to see if the Indonesia dealer have shipment in the following several days, if have, we will include your light to his order, and he will forward to you, it's more safe for the international freight. if not, we will send this one directly to you soon.

We would like to send it to you directly as there should be a long time to wait the dealer's shipment.

So could you please tell me your detailed address, your full name, your phone number. We will send to you tomorrow.

Thanks very much and best regards!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really need to check your consumer laws in your own country before sending anything back to the manufacturer.

If I buy in the UK the contract is between me and the seller,recently a big shed tried to get me to contact the maker regarding an issue with a photo printer,I pointed out to the shed you sold it to me so you fix it,after trying to bluff me out they gave in and did so.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've got a problem with your Fenix light as well, email me at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help you. Fenix Outfitters is more than happy to help anyone with a problem with their Fenix light. It's our goal to supply a working light to all who want the best light on the market. Thanks.

- Matt

Don't worry about it matt, I already lost mine :nana:
I'm amazed that you guys are doing this for non-customers, it's a public service! :thanks:!