Handsfree Arc AAA trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
Here's one I just figured out. Everyone knows you can clip your Arc AAA to a hat brim with the pocket clip to use as a headlamp. But maybe you don't have a hat with you. It turns out that simply clipping the AAA to the inside of your T-shirt collar, then flipping it so it points forward and downward, works pretty well for lighting close-up stuff. Obviously it wouldn't be too good if you're trying to carry something that reaches above chest level. You do have to stand slightly carefully, not great if you're running around, but not a big deal if you're in one place. Note you can still do this if the light is on a neck lanyard. That's probably a good idea in case the clip comes loose from the shirt and the light falls down, though I don't know how likely that is.

You can do something similar with a shirt pocket if you're wearing a shirt that has a pocket.

jtice

Flashaholic
Unfortunatly,, I dont have any AAA clips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I got all 5 of my Arc AAA's from b/s/t/ deals, and they didnt come with any.

I usually use lanyards with mine, but I would like to have a clip or two to do some of these neat tricks.

Does anyone have any they are willing to part with? Or, know a place I can get some?
Thanks.

shrap

Enlightened
Since I don't have a clip, I just stick my Arc on my ear. Works well enough for little things, just don't swing your head too much.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Tree said:
Anyone have a method of attaching the Arc AAA to a pair of glasses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put it on your ear like a pencil... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Dan

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
logicnerd411 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tree said:
Anyone have a method of attaching the Arc AAA to a pair of glasses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put it on your ear like a pencil... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubberbands should do the trick, else the diameter of the AAA would be just right for your nostrils... heck you could put 2 there if you don't mind the uncomfortable feeling of having 2 HA bodies shoved up ur nose! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif And if you just grimace a little, you could probably change the direction of light too! Talk about handsfree! Just don't forget to breathe thru ur mouth tho! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P/S: Above method hasn't been tried before, not by me anyway! But if you do, pls post results here, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bruceclay

Newly Enlightened
Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubberbands should do the trick, else the diameter of the AAA would be just right for your nostrils... heck you could put 2 there if you don't mind the uncomfortable feeling of having 2 HA bodies shoved up ur nose! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif And if you just grimace a little, you could probably change the direction of light too! Talk about handsfree! Just don't forget to breathe thru ur mouth tho! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P/S: Above method hasn't been tried before, not by me anyway! But if you do, pls post results here, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Do you have any pics of that??

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice: i have one i won't use that i don't mind sending you....pm me if you're intersted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another trick is to clip it to the t shirt collar but do so so that the light is "inside' the shirt. Then, while still clipped, flip the light over so it is pointing away from you.
if the material is stiff enough or you tension the light/clip you can get it to point more outward than downward.
At work our uniform shirts have eaupalets on the shoulders, that makes a nice place to clip the light, or the collar, even on polo type shirts.
Also if you can find or have a ring that you dont mind doing this too and will fit, clip it to the ring you are wearing. Then its like those little lights I've seen sold as Mil Surp pilots' "finger lights".

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
If you post pix of the nostril trick, also post one with them turned pointing IN, alal Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd think a little piece of velco cable strap would make a decent eyeglass attachment. Might work better if you also include a little piece of foam rubber to allow you to maintain some tension on the setup.

I'd also think it would be really easy to take a piece of heavy elastic, loop it, and either put a few stitches into it creating a heavier "rubber band," or sewing some velco on it so it is easier to put on and off. If you do a loop without velcro, you could just leave it on the light at all times.

paulr

Flashaholic
Charles (way upthread): I tried the trick with a CMG Infinity today. But the CMG is too heavy for the trick to really work. The shirt just sags and the light points at your shoes. The Arc is light enough that you can sort of balance it and point it in the direction you want using the natural tension of the shirt fabric.

Peter if you're reading this: an AAA variant with a swivel joint behind the head would be just super. You could operate it sort of like a Quig-light.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Hey xrayzebra,
Good idea!
You mean like this:

fb59652c.jpg

fb595d30.jpg

I just threw it together. It's "no-roll" elastic banding. The loop for the AAA has a smaller channel stitched next to it for the eyeglass leg. It works pretty well, slips on and off, and illuminates the area you're looking at. You could use 2 ARCs and have light in stereo surround. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stanley,
NASALIGHTS ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif You might be on to something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. as an additional mod to the newly dubbed NASALights (great name GyverPete), wouldn't it be great if there was a clickie for the Arc AAA as well then? (Ouch...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Oh, xrayzebra, you could be right too... there'll be an endless choice of colours actually, Rudolph the Red/Turqoise/Green/White/etc.. Nosed reindeer!! Pretty cool huh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
Yeah! A sneeze activated clickie.
Sneezing fit? ... Strobe mode! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or maybe nose-twitch activated? A twitch-switch. A twitchie.

onelight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Unfortunatly,, I dont have any AAA clips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I got all 5 of my Arc AAA's from b/s/t/ deals, and they didnt come with any.

I usually use lanyards with mine, but I would like to have a clip or two to do some of these neat tricks.

Does anyone have any they are willing to part with? Or, know a place I can get some?
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif the brinkman website has clips for the aaa legend that work great on the ARC-aaa

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gyverpete said:
Yeah! A sneeze activated clickie.
Sneezing fit? ... Strobe mode! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or maybe nose-twitch activated? A twitch-switch. A twitchie.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif rofl! Good one Gyver!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, misread original post. Makes me look silly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.