Streamlight? Anyone using them?

pointman27

Newly Enlightened
I currently carry two edc lights for my job (Facility maintenance) I carry a RA Clicky and a Novatac storm, but I really want a rechargeable light. I am looking into a Streamlight 74301 Strion LED Flashlight. But I do not see a lot of post about Streamlight in general and I was just looking at trying to get some feedback. Thanks in advance....

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big Streamlight fan have 3 different but not yours.The Microstream was my first decent Led and still used.I have no input with regards to your wanted light but in general the brand is good decent quality kit and has never let me down once.

BBeard

Newly Enlightened
The only Streamlight i have had was the dual bulb light using AA batteries. I work in Industrial Maintenance also and I need the correct type of LEDs that would show true colors of wiring which the streamlight had. The Halogen bulb however didnt have enough lumens to illuminate the conduits in the ceiling which i really needed to do. And maybe because my enviroment has such abrasive dust ( a glass tubing facility) the twist to focus head became screwed up. Then the electronic controls went out. I never sent it back which i should have done because really it looked like it had been through a war zone. Thats been my experience so far but now one of their tactical lights is on my short list. My Surefire however has stood up remarkably well to the same enviroment.

pointman27

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, I will look forward to seeing if it will stand up to the abuse of my job...

victory

Enlightened
The Strion is fairly popular light among emergency services personnel, particulaly cops and paramedics (streamlight is also the leading portable light manufacturer for fire service as well). In general, they are reliable, durable hard-use illumination tools. With their new "C4" LED's, they're also as bright as anything else.

I can't think of any reason to steer you away from buying one.

DaveG

Enlightened
Customer service was good the time I needed a replacement part.

pointman27

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help and input, I ordered mine from my Cornwell distributor today... I will keep you all informed...