URGENT HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jupiterjazz71

i have a defective switch on a lsl premium...it has momentary on but not constant on...need to jerry rig an always on solution for it...casing has to stay closed because environment is wet and i dont mind if battery dies as i have many more handy...idea is to override switch on the tail cap...knock out the insulation between the battery terminal spring contact and the conductive body questionmark...that is quote hotwiring it unquote...i am overseas now so no way to return to arc for a repair or new switch...have to use extensively tomorrow and tuesday in a mining operation which means dark and dripping wet tunnels...my newbie low level idea is how about stuffing aluminum foil in the back end tail cap then closing it up

J

jupiterjazz71

Pat,

Thanks I was finally able to access that diy maintenance from my slow central american overseas connect to a u.s. server...and will give it a whirl. Also thrilled that someone else thinks aluminum foil is a worse case backup.

I don't think more have to reply to me unless they have another worst case backup for me.

John

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Do a search in B/S/T ~ Non-Lights for twisty or twistie and just get rid of the clickie switch.

I recently bought a twistie from JSamilo and I like it better than the clickie for the LS. It makes for a smaller EDC (3/4" shorter) with no more Kroll problems.

There is one problem with the twistie, the reason ARC doesn't make them anymore. Apparently some 123 batteries are a little too short. The Duracells and SureFires I have used in my LS have worked just fine.

Also the battery rattles around some. It bothers some people but I couldn't care less. There is a recent thread addressing this problem.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jupiter, the problem you are describing is described in the DIY thread. I hope you found it. The fix is pretty easy and does not require any tools. The problem is the side (body) spring has caught on the plunger.

I am send this post from my laptop on a cell modem in the back seat of Merris Parent's new truck (taking it on a break in trip).

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.