Is EagleTac T20C2 a good choice?

cistallus

Enlightened
Looking for a pocketable light that's mostly a thrower (but not an ultra-thrower like DEFT or Tiablo A9S, want some spill); good quality, 2 or more levels, standard production, in stock, not too expensive (less than $100), takes both rechargeable and primary batteries.

From various info here and elsewhere, esp. Selfbuilt's wonderful 100-yard comparisons (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/283966), it seems like the EagleTac T20C2 MKII with the XR-E R2 module would be a good choice; I can put up with the ringy beam for such good throw.

I also like the JetBeam Jet-III M but it doesn't seem to throw quite as well. Also considered the Fenix TK11 but it doesn't seem to have a clip. Looked at MG X-Thrower but not much community review info yet, and head is bigger than I like.

Any others I ought to consider, or is this T20C2 good?

It's available in Neutral and Cool White, I was thinking of the latter for maximum lumens/throw, thinking/hoping that XR-E R2 tend not to be bluish or greenish but fairly white.

mdocod

Flashaholic
If you're in a warehouse, then the cool LED will perform better. If you are in the forest, go for lower color tempts.

In considering a group of lights with similar battery power and performance, I think the most important factor is the interface and how well you are going to like it.

Best of luck with your decision.

Eric

m3flies

Banned
The T20C2 MKII is a little to big, for me, to put in the pocket. Also, a good choice to one is a bad choice to another. It's all subjective. The T20C2 MKII is fine for what I use it for. Will it suit your needs? Can't answer that.

Last edited:

FlameOn

Enlightened
I went with the P20C2...plenty of throw and it's a good deal smaller than the T series...

shipwreck

Enlightened
I went with the P20C2...plenty of throw and it's a good deal smaller than the T series...

Yes, I will second this. I have the T20C2 Mk II, P20C2 Mk 2, T100C2 Mk II and the M2XC4 - as you can tell, I like Eagletacs.

The M2 is obviously the brightest. But, out of all 4 - I like the P20C2 Mk II the best. Better flood than the T20, and throws almost as far. It is my EDC, and is smaller than the T20.

cistallus

Enlightened
Thanks everyone - I couldn't decide between the P20C2 and T20C2 - the latter shows much more throw in light-reviews site reviews. I ran across a good sale on a JetBeam Jet-III M so I decided to try that first (will be my first 18650 light), if I don't think it throws enough I'll reconsider the EagleTacs (or whatever new shiny object comes along next).