Best tail cap for Surefire E-series?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
Gents,

Maybe I'm just confused, but while reviewing bigchelis's lumen list (great info BTW) he seems to suggest that he lost a significant amount of output when using an E-series clicky.

That caught my attention, because my new planned build is using a Surefire E1B body, Z68 tail cap, and a Malkoff VME head with M31 drop-in. I plan to run a single CR123A.

Should I consider using another tail cap instead of the Z68? If so, what is a better choice?

Thank you

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the best of my knowledge, I've never lost a significant amount of output because I used a SF clicky.

But I love the Z68 - the flare on the tail makes it easier to grip the light and you have a tail-stand option.

Find a traffic wand sized for the E1B and you'll have the perfect flashaholic's dining candle. :grin2:

-Trevor

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading a bit more, and I believe I'm okay with the Z68. I plan to run a Malkoff M31, which doesn't draw nearly as many amps as some of the other high-powered customs I've read about.

Thanks.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
bingo... bc tests many high current draw lights that push the limits of many switches. The E series click switches should be fine with lower current draw.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing to do with resistance, but a non-clickie Z52 may be more reliable.
Just another option. I'm happy with the clicky (Z57) so far.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually find myself prefering my Z57 over my Z52 many times. It may just be the age of the switch boot on the Z52, but they're not getting any younger.