How many people just drop their LS into a pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering how scratch resistant the Lexan lens actually is. Do many of you just drop your LSH-P into your pocket with keys, coins, etc...?

Will

paulr

Flashaholic
Mine's in my pocket most of the time. I don't see any scratches in the lens, but I see some bubbles/peeling under the coating. My light was bought as a second and those bubbles may have been there when I got it.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Re: How many people just drop their LS into a pock

i lost mine from the pocket when i was in taxi!

just ordered another LSL-P......

ChrisA

Enlightened

No scratches on mine either... I carry the LS with one of the 'ancient' 123 twist packs in the watch pocket of my jeans.

Chris

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Won't carry mine in my pocket again, its clipped on my belt loop. Why? Turned on when I sat down and darn near ended up with an "ARC LS" brand on my leg!! Ouuuuch!!

ksbman

Flashaholic*

I occasionally carry mine in a pocket but when I do I use one of JKnight's small covers (SCVR) to protect the lens.

jtice

Flashaholic

I carry mine in my left pocket, and my keys, with AAA on them, in my right pocket.

I try not to have any metal objects in my pocket with the LS. I get alot of lent and dust on the lens, but that comes right off.

I took the protective film off my LS because it had alot of bubbles, i need to find some Palm PC protective film to place back on it.

I dont think coins will hurt the lens, they are rounded enough. Keys on the other hand might, if you sit down and the keys get smashed up in the lens just right.

I am planning on getting a 1x123 mclux tail for mine, and clipping it on the inside of my pocket, so it holds it up to the top of the pocket, and the metal objects can stay at the bottom.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry mine all the time in right front pocket with my keys. I don't ever worry about it. I don't have any major scratches on the lens. I have been carrying it every day for the past 6 months.

Peter

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Mine's in my pocket most of the time. I don't see any scratches in the lens, but I see some bubbles/peeling under the coating. My light was bought as a second and those bubbles may have been there when I got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What coating? Are you sure you are not taking about the thin plastic film that comes on Lexan that should be peeled off anyway. I understand that they leave the film on new Arcs. I don't have an Arc yet but I have had some experience with Lexan and I have never seen a coating on it. My boss wanted me to build her a see through door out of Lexan. Expensive stuff, a 3/8 by 4 x 8 sheet cost us $300.00. We also bought some thin sheets for other projects. It all had a plastic film but no coating. It's tough, you can't hardly break it and it seems to resist scratches well.

I would be far more concern about losing an Arc out my pocket that scratching the lens. I ECD three lights. I carry a Streamlight KeyMate on Lanyard under my shirt, a UK 2AAA in my left front pocket and a Pelican L1 in my right pocket. Just this weekend I found my Pelican laying on the ground. I had lost it out of my pocket while working on one of my tractors. If I had a pocket light as expensive as an Arc LS it may go in my pocket but it would be attached to something.

James

bruceclay

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying one in my back pocket (opposite my wallet) for over a year. I've eaten two batteries (123's) 'cause it got turned on accidentally (once with a twisty and once with the TSP). I'm careful mot to put anything metal with it.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Great question Will. I've always be fearful to carry it in the pocket with all my other crap, that's why I've been belt-carrying my LS in the OEM belt pouch. I've been using it ever since they were released. I may rethink that if Peter himself doesn't see an issue with pocket carry.

Reboot

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't dream of sticking my LS in my pocket with lose change, knife, nail clippers, mag, and other misc items. It's my favorite flashlight and I don't want it scratched up. ( Ya, I know. It's durable. It can take it. But I want it to look perfect when I show it off.) I also don't want it turning on inside my pocket.

So instead it lives in the CR123A belt holster.

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
Hey NASCAR, its nice and a bit of a reassurance that PETER has been carrying his in a pocket....BUT I find it strange that he's only been carrying one for six months.....?
Mine is nearly always in my pocket, I even find that the body is more scratch resistant then anything else, including Surefire.

"Hey HORN, is that an ARC, or are you just happy?"

ACTUALLY BOTH<g>

Reboot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
[ QUOTE ]
Reboot said:
So instead it lives in the CR123A belt holster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which holster is that? Do you have a picture or a link?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where I ordered it

cr123%20holster.jpg

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
K Horn said:
Hey NASCAR, its nice and a bit of a reassurance that PETER has been carrying his in a pocket....BUT I find it strange that he's only been carrying one for six months.....?
Mine is nearly always in my pocket, I even find that the body is more scratch resistant then anything else, including Surefire.

"Hey HORN, is that an ARC, or are you just happy?"

ACTUALLY BOTH<g>

[/ QUOTE ]

The LS Peter carries now is probably just the latest model. I am guessing that he carried the older models before this on came out.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LS is my EDC, and I carry it always ON my keyring. No scratches anywhere, and it's been there for months. Folks, if it's always in your pocket anyway, put it on your keyring and never have to wonder where it is or worry about losing it (if you lose your keys, you may have even more to worry about...). If you EDC it in your pocket, it obviously is not to big to have on your keychain.

With my LS on my keyring, no other keyring light even comes close...

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I carry my LSH-S in my front-left pocket along with my SAK, pen, coin pouch, comb. My AAA is clipped to my keys in the right pocket. Finish on the LS is still fine, but I do regularly clean the lens due to lint/dust settling on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.