Help deciding on a new light.

foxtrot

Newly Enlightened
I want to pick up a quality light for work. Things I need are high output mode for brief encounters preferable with a good throw. I some times have to walk all night tracking so I might need it to run for 8-10 hrs on a low setting as to not alert people to my presence. Also a tail switch I don't want to put it on a weapon mount but I need to be able to use it with a weapon in my off hand. I was hoping to get something really tough and durable I tend to get real dirty at work and I am really tough on my equiptment. I have 18650s already and I wanted to keep using those. I wanted something brighter and with more throw then my Incan stinger.

I was thinking maybe a 4sevens g5 maelstrom or maybe an eagletac light.

I use an Incan stinger for encounters where I need a bright light. And I use a streamlight twintask 3c for tracking. I also use a 3xAAA k2 element for tracking as well. I want to combine the lights to have to carry less and get more performance out of the light. I really don't like the K2 elements reverse clicky switch.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
There's an endless list of choices for the tactical 1x18650 class, pretty much every manufacturer makes at least one.

One perennial favorite would be the Jetbeam M; two modes - one max and one that you can set to whatever you want, so you can dial in the exact balance of output and runtime you want for tracking. And they're running a summer promo sale on them right now, plus don't forget your CPF Member Discount..

Latest posts