G2 stolen from my car.

nbp

Flashaholic
A couple weeks ago, I couldn't find my iPod cassette adapter for my car. I never take it out of the car; it's the only place I use it. I asked my buddy who borrowed my car if he took it out. Nope he says. I asked my mom if she swiped it to use it on their last road trip. Nope she says. I wondered if maybe it was stolen. But who would steal that? They're like $9. It didn't make sense, but I couldn't find it just the same.

Today I confirmed that it had been stolen, because a peek into my glove box to look for something revealed that the yellow G2 I've had in there for quite some time as an emergency backup light was missing too. And I NEVER take that out. I really dislike thieves. :sigh: Why can't they just get their own stuff? I work hard for my things, why can't they? :shakehead

The only solace is that as a flashaholic, I happen to have an extra black G2 sitting unused on my light shelf :cool: It seems like a good time to pick up an alu bezel and long running LED drop-in and pop it in the car as an even better emergency light. I like the Nitrolon for a car light since it gets COLD here in winter. But more runtime could be good. Usually I have 2 or 3 other lights on me anyways, but still, gotta be prepared right?

So even though it gives me an excuse to buy something, I still dislike thieves, and I am not happy about this. :scowl: The worst is just the feeling of knowing that someone came and rummaged through my vehicle. You feel sort of violated.

And no, I don't know where it happened. I usually lock my car, but there are those occasions where I don't. I don't leave valuables sitting in it. The G2 was by far the most valuable item in it, and that's not much. If you are thinking of posting just to harass me for leaving the car unlocked at times, don't bother; it doesn't help anything. Just learn from my mistake as I have and don't let it happen to you.

red02

Enlightened
Really sorry to hear that. Sucks that some one was digging through your car. Those G2s are really classic. Its a tough lesson though, I probably won't take anything valuable or irreplaceable going to school, things tend to just walk away...

You should jump on any G2Ls you can since they are probably going to be the last ones with P60 compatible Al heads. I think OpticsHQ still has a few black ones left.

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
I sometimes worry about leaving a Surefire sitting in my center console in plain view. I'll be covering it more often now.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they find out how much the cr123's cost to keep it running I'm guessing they'll return it pretty fast.
rolleye11.gif

victory

Enlightened
Sucks, dude. Last time my car was broken into they rummaged through my center console and stole a single burned CD mix.

dead...freakin'...serious.

of course the window cost me $160

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how ya feel I had a Eagletac P20C2 MKII when they first came out stolen from my car and a very nice Braun shaver as well.

I was at a retail store and did not notice until I got home. The thing is it was a smooth reflector P20 MKII with no donut in the hotspot, I think it was the only P20C2 MKII drop-in without a donut because I have not been able to find another.

scout24

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear, always sucks. I agree with the feeling violated. About 12 years ago, long before I found CPF, I had a window broken in my driveway and my $30.00 stereo stolen, along with a 2D Maglight. They left several hundred dollars worth of tools and a peaked and tuned Cobra CB sitting right where they belonged... :thinking: Even with the doors locked, I put a motion sensor light overlooking the driveway. Doesen't solve anything, but a bit of peace of mind.

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Wow that's strange. I wouldn't even think a dumb burglar would know the value of a flashlight enough to take it. Most people I've encountered think all flashlights are the same.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's strange. I wouldn't even think a dumb burglar would know the value of a flashlight enough to take it. Most people I've encountered think all flashlights are the same.
It could have been the colour.

Other than Mags, most flashlights are black. A compact yellow one would look special to a non-flashaholic.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a former car audiophile (I still am into the hobby, but just not as much as I used to be due to the high cost) I know how frustrating it can be when your vehicle is vandalized in any way. Thieves are just like any criminal and thus are the lowest form of human life.

:(

victory

Enlightened

Not all criminals are dumb.

I would think that people who steal and fence goods for a living probably have a better grasp on what stuff is worth than most of us.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will probably never use the light anyway after the batteries run dead cause their too stupid to know what CR123's are, and even if they did figure it out once they saw the price tag they wouldn't waste their money anyway.

victory

Enlightened
It's probably already been pawned by someone not interested in lighting up anything but a crackpipe. Anyway, lesson learned: Don't leave anything of value laying out visible in your car, not even change in the change dish.

cityevader

Enlightened
I had a bicycle clearly stolen off my patio. Total bummer.

Then a charcoal chimney starter (metal can to light the coals, worth $12) went AWOL. I have bbq's on the patio as well as upstairs balcony. Those are the only two places it could be. I looked like ten times. I was pissed at the seemingly random nature of the crime. I almost got some security cameras. Turned out it was inside the bbq smoker the whole time. I had used it to prop up a part inside temporarily and totally forgot.

Maybe you'll remember where you left it. Maybe humanity isn't as bad as it seems....wait a minute, my bike really was stolen. Bazz turds!!

nbp

Flashaholic
Yeah, it's gone gone. I am anal about keeping track of my lights, so unless someone borrowed it and never told me, I'm sure I didn't misplace it. :sigh:

Still haven't decided what to replace it with. I was thinking a KX4 head for my G2, but they're kinda pricey still. Maybe I can find a P60L and alu bezel for cheap on the MP.

nbp

Flashaholic
Got my replacement car light set up. Bought a KX4 from the MP for my spare black G2. Haven't had much chance to use it yet, but it'll be a great console light. Very tough, unenlightened-proof single mode, plenty bright for most emergency uses, long runtime, lithiums and polymer for winter fast approaching. And SF dependability.

Still bummed about being robbed but I'm really happy with my replacement light. I think it's pretty much perfect for it's intended purpose. :thumbsup: