Tri-cluster LED lights

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey (Don),

I was thinking about the loc-line 3LED light (#310) for a project, but I was curious about the wiring. I would like to access the LEDs directly, and individually. Is there some way to get some that are not assembled?

Thanks,

-john

http://dmcleish.com/tri-cluster/
310stainless-sm.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: StarLED Loc-Line lights

I'll let Don answer about lose parts... but what about the wiring are you curious about? As assembled, LEDs are in series with a resistor to allow them to run at approximately spec on 12Vin.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yah, I noticed the wiring/contruction detail:
tc-module.jpg

I was interested in these in sort of hurricane light, where it would be desirable to be able to switch between the use of one or all three LEDs for maximum battery life.

-john

McGizmo

Flashaholic

John N,

Please contact me via E-mail and I will be happy to provide you with loose components for your projects. In the case of the 12 V light shown, since the LED's are in series, there is no great savings to speak of by pulling some out as you would just be adding a resistor of higher resistance to provide for a higher voltage drop. Certainly a more sophisticated circuit could be employed.

I had offered up these components to CPFers last year but there were only one or two takers. I even have a web page and very reasonable price sheet somewhere on my web site with information. The only links were on a CPF thread so I don't know how easy it would be to find.

- Don