Wolf eyes super storm

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Been looking for info on the WE superstorm, and havent found a lot on here. Could not stand it and ordered one today:huh:, should have it by Wedsday evening. Just wondering if anyone has one, and if so how they like it. Also, would anyone be interested in some beamshots? My wife has some really good camera equipment and I have some great locations, so I might try my hand at getting some good outdoor shots. I have an M2XC4, a T20C2, a stanely hid,POB HID, MAG 623 and several other lights to compare it to. Ill try to get some shots up in the next week or so, and would appreciate any tips on technique by more experienced members.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im sure if your wife has good camera equipment she would know how to set up for a beamshot photo.

Use a tripod, set the white balance to cloudy or daylight, ISO 100, shutter speed about 2 seconds and f-stop about 8, if the pics turn out too bright make the apperture smaller or decrease the amount of time the shutter is open for, also lock the focus so its the same for all photoes.

Im not a photgrapher, I have recently picked this up through trial and error and around the web and my beamshots turned out OK

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, I will start at your suggested settings and work from there. Id like to get them as close to actual brightness as possible, but if they are all relative to each other I guess that is still usefull for comparisons.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
I'm anxious to hear how you like your new Superstorm, ranger07, since I've considered acquring that torch myself. Also, I'm sure I'm not alone in being eager to see your beamshots.

In the meantime, you might take a look here:
http://fonarevka.ru/indexen.html

The authors have comparison shots of nearly 100 lights, and by clicking back and forth one can make head to head comparisons.

Let us know what you think.

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
I did not know that BigC had tested the superstorm. The beamshots I have seen look very impressive, and I am surprised we do not see more Wolfeyes products talked about on this forum.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll be very happy with the SuperStorm. I owned one for a while and was very impressed with the build quality and brightness. Throws a huge amount of light!! Runs forever on a charge, never really had to charge it, just charged it to top off the batteries now and then. Great choice!

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link Don.gwapo. Mine has the R2 leds, and I notice that the one tested had Q5s. I wonder real world if it will be any brighter than the Q5 version. I know that the efficiency is only a few percent better, but that increase is times 7 in this light. Well hopefully I get to test it out tonight. Sledhead, does yours have the Q5 or R2 leds in it? Also how is the throw? I know this light is not really a thrower, but hope it will have some throw because of the massive output.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
ranger, where did you get it, how much if it's ok to ask and why didn't you go for the brightest led's they list?

Thanks

George

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Got it from Pacific Tactical Solutions:twothumbs. The version they had listed was the R2 version for $399 so that is what I bought. Could not find anywhere that had the brighter LEDS, and wanted to buy from a forum vendor. PTS give a nice discount to CPF members, and with the discount and 2 day shipping to NJ it was still less than $400!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder who's got the one that Wolf eyes lists as giving you 1900 lumens and how much it is?

Thanks

George

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Re: Wolf eyes super storm. Added beamshot.

beamshots032.jpg
rider8699
rider8699
Took a beam shot tonight in the front yard, no tripod so just rested the camera and a little blurry, but represents what your eyes see pretty well. Better shots to come. Distance to tree is about 95 feet.

Last edited:

TexasAggie82

Newly Enlightened
ranger07 I spoke with Mike from PTS last week inquiring about the Wolf-Eyes Super Storm version that he is selling. I bought one a year and a half ago with the R2 lamps, if I heard him correctly the website is not updated to the version he is selling. What version of lamps came with the one you purchased?

Last edited:

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Thought it had R2s,will have to look at the light and paperwork, as I was going by the description on the website.