HDS / Ra warranty service turn around time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Unfortunately my Ra Clicky High CRI started acting up on me. With either primaries or RCR123's the light works on high for about 5 min and then prematurely indicates low battery by flashing and then steps down to a lower mode. Then about 2 min later it changes to the lowest mode and keeps flashing indicating the battery is too low to hold any higher modes. I have done both battery resets and factory resets to no avail. I have also thoroughly cleaned all contacts and threads and unfortunately it is needing service. :mecry:

I called HDS and received excellent service however the only solution is to send it in for investigation. :mecry: Luckily I have two more Clickys to hold me over but that High CRI was my favorite for EDC.

Anyhow, I know HDS provides legendary service but this is the first time I have had to take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

I tried searching but was unable to find an approx time frame for how long I will be without my precious high CRI...

WIth a light this bulletproof, Im sure there is not a lot of warranty repairs but I was hoping to hear from people that had to send their light in about how long I should expect to wait for return of it... I know my level of patience is very low and I didnt want to press Henry for a time frame, but I was hoping to see if anyone here with warranty repair experience could give me a rough idea how long it took to get the light back.

Thanks

AILL

Newly Enlightened
A little patience will not hurt. That's the price you pay for outstanding service.
I had my 140CGT already two times in repair.
One time it was one month, the other time ist was three weeks.
But consider that I shipped from Europe.

Andreas

Gary007

Newly Enlightened
pretty quick for my battery drain issue, maybe 2 weeks turnaround time. I'm in California.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sorry that your Ra is acting up. Hope the repair is quick. However, since you admitted having two more in reserve I'm not feeling too much sympathy. :poke: :laughing:

Geoff

bigfoot

Enlightened
At most, I'd guess a couple of weeks. I sent one in last year and it was turned around in that amount of time. Actually, it was probably less than that.

Hang in there, at least you have those other two to keep you company! :candle:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Cool, thanks guys that is encouraging. I was expecting and can wait 2- 3 weeks but a month or longer I might begin High CRI withdrawals!

Yes having two more in reserve will be the only thing getting me through this difficult time :mecry: but still that High CRI will be sorely missed..

It wasnt the brightest of my Clickys, but it definitely was my favorite.

so tempting to buy another one as I know it would be here sooner and then I would have a high CRI backup in case such a tragedy should happen again. (this really is a sickness, isnt it?) :sick:

Darvis

Enlightened
My twisty battery drain issue was 3 weeks from send to receive back; pretty darn good in my eyes (but I also had 6 more spare Ra's to hold me over).

Fargus

Newly Enlightened
Henry will str8tn your clicky out.:)
Henry has the best customer service I've come across. I just had an EDC Ultimate 60 GT go bad (battery drain issue). Contacted EDS, Henry said to send it in for a check. I had a response from Henry within 48 business hours of the light's arrival. Light was deemed a loss (bad capacitor). Henry backed up the warranty beyond my expectations and my new light is on the way.

Incredibly good lights backed by integrity that is hard to find these days.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 140GT took about a month but I am in Singapore. Luckily I have the high CRI to tie me over.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Cool, I can deal with a couple weeks for excellent service.

This is one of the main reasons I have bought three HDS lights, the customer service and warranty is second to none....

Im just a little anxious as the High CRI definitely was my most used and favorite of the bunch.

d337944

Enlightened
Cool, I can deal with a couple weeks for excellent service.

This is one of the main reasons I have bought three HDS lights, the customer service and warranty is second to none....

Im just a little anxious as the High CRI definitely was my most used and favorite of the bunch.

Hi there - how long was it before you got it back in the end?

I've had to send mine in from Australia - obviously there's much longer transit time, but HDS has just received it and will be looking at the fault early next week ... quite reasonable time I think, considering how busy they are.

Cheers

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
How common is this "battery drain issue" anyway? :confused:

+1. Is this a common problem with all HDS/Ra Clickies or just the older versions?

It's not very common. I can't recall anyone experiencing this recently. I've bought 3 Clickies within the past 7 weeks and none of them have this problem. When I was doing research prior to my first purchase, I heard of a handful reports but I was satisfied that it was/is a rare occurrence. It's definitely not a fault in the design, i.e. it's not a parasitic drain issue. IIRC, it was due to a faulty capacitor. It's more an issue for overseas customers due to higher postage costs and longer turnaround. If that's a concern, then I suggest you purchase the light from your nearest dealer to minimise postage costs. Although, turnaround time probably won't be affected.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Hi there - how long was it before you got it back in the end?

I've had to send mine in from Australia - obviously there's much longer transit time, but HDS has just received it and will be looking at the fault early next week ... quite reasonable time I think, considering how busy they are.

Cheers

It was, I believe 20 days from start to finish... Not bad at all. Im glad I had other clickys to keep me buys with, but I am so glad to have my high CRI back...

I waited longer than that to just get a damn lens mailed to me from jetbeam.

Status
Not open for further replies.