please help with purchasing/shipping advice

KarlMaldensNose

Newly Enlightened
I'm coming to the party late, and for the most part, as far as wide distribution/availability goes, missed out on the ZebraLight H30 headlight. There are some options on ebay and they are all available from Hong Kong. Since I've never used ebay before I have no idea about shipping practises. I realized each seller/shipper is different, but is there a general window of time in which I can expect a product like this to be delivered from Hong Kong to Canada? I ask because I need the headlight for a trip I'm leaving for on August 23. I could easily breakdown and play it safe with an ITP H01 for about half the price, which would be purchased domestically and thus ensure timely shipping and arrival. But I've read some lukewarm reviews of the ITP, plus the ZebraLight is listed on the bay for a great price of $49 shipped, which is proving difficult to pass up. Thoughts?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forget it,it could take 5 days but could be 14 or so_Order from a vendor here and use a cpf discount code.For the extra few $ best not to be waiting for will it or will it not arrive in time.

red02

Enlightened
You can get H501 for about 50 shipped from illuminationgear. Should get it in about a few days...

Just include your cpf name in the paypal notes to get the discount.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
well there is an old saying around here, buy both!

Buy the itp locally and buy the H30 from ebay, there is one seller I have used a few times who is very reliable and stands by his word, I will pm you his ebay name if you want. Not sure if its allowed publicly.

If the itp arrvies before your trip great use it, if the H30 doesnt fine, something to come home to but if it does your goin to have a great headlamp to take with you.

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
Ordering anything from HK to be delivered to Canada before Aug 23rd requires paying for express shipping. Figure 3 weeks minimum for regular mail and that's if the seller gets around to shipping right away. Personally, I'd order from the US or Canada and have them ship Express or at the very least Priority (though I've seen the latter take a full 3 weeks to Winnipeg) but you're going to pay through the nose for that service. If shipping within Canada, *any* of the usual Canada Post services would get you the package in time.

Regards

Christian

macktheturtle

Newly Enlightened
sorry to bring up an old thread, but I too am having difficulty with HK shipping. HK post has confirmed that my package from Solarforce was sent March 18, but that was nearly two months ago. USPS will not help me and HK Post is ignoring my emails. what to do next?

Hawkman

Newly Enlightened
Sorry you're having trouble with USPS. I despise them. Their tracking is terrible, and their website is of no help when things go awry. I bought from HK one time and was fortunate to have received my product...2.5 weeks later! Decided never again to buy anything that had to be sent to me from HK.

Good luck!

DM51

Flashaholic
This thread remains open for the time being, and only by the skin of its teeth. I'm leaving it here for now as there has to be a legitimate place somewhere for people to make general shipping enquiries. Right now, I can't think of anywhere else for it to go, but perhaps someone else can suggest a better place for it - probably in CPFMP.

However, this is certainly NOT the place for rants vs. specific carriers - there's a thread in CPFMP specifically for that purpose.