What light is in YOUR bug out bag?

jacknife

Newly Enlightened
You have ONE light , Batteries and charger to put in your Bug Out Bag, .Your bug out bag is, the bag that you will just grab and go with-- if the poop hits the fan, There is no time to think or pack . What light -batteries and charger will it BE??-----Grab and go.... It is ALREADY packed . We should all have one.

KBobAries

Enlightened
I'm curious why you didn't list what's in your bag.

As for mine, in theory it's extra batteries for my EDC since that is also my bug-out light; a Ra clicky that goes with me everywhere.

In reality being prepared means not needlessly limiting one's options so the light in my bag is a Liteflux LF2XT while a Nitecore D10 is in my truck so that I still have a light if all I can find are AA or AAA batteries.

This strikes me as another "just one light" thread so in the event my my truck breaks down, I somehow injure my leg causing me to limp, and I start dumping every last ounce of weight because I'm forced to trek across a desert while holding a light my teeth then I'm keeping the Ra.

Dan

Last edited:

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a Brown G2 an extra bulb and 8 battery's. Theres no coincidence that both of my Scouts use the same bulbs and battery's. As for the truck I have a Stinger hard wired into the center console.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have ONE light in my BOB. It's a Fenix TK20 with 10 L91's ready to go.

On low (11 hours at 45 lumens), it will be more than enough light to last 72 hours which is all a BOB is really supposed to be for. After 72 hours you will either be far away from the disaster or recieving help from the authorities.

There's also always a couple of lights with me as well as spare batteries for those. Using low modes only I could have as much as two months worth of light. However, I can't carry two months worth of food and water so having the ability to make light for that long is pointless.

What you need is something reliable and waterproof with good throw. Remember that if a disaster strikes (think earthquake, massive flood) there is going to be lots of carnage and a little 10 lumen light is going to do squat all in helping you see past things like fallen buildings, collapsed bridges, flooded roads and the like.

You want something that can put usable light out to 100m.

You also want to concentrate more on what else is in your BOB other than your light. A glow stick will suffice in an absolute emergency, but you NEED water and food and the ability to stay dry and warm. These are of far greater importance than the light you have.

jacknife

Newly Enlightened
Kbob-- Right now in my BOB is a surefire 9p-- but I am new to the Flashlight world - people here know their stuff I find. SO I am very interested in what really,,, the majority of CPF would carry. See,, I may have the wrong one, And I can get educated by responses.. We may also see if one light comes up more than others.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have ONE light , Batteries and charger to put in your Bug Out Bag, .Your bug out bag is, the bag that you will just grab and go with-- if the poop hits the fan, There is no time to think or pack . What light -batteries and charger will it BE??-----Grab and go.... It is ALREADY packed . We should all have one.

Hang on - if I am going to prepare a Bug Out Bag and have it packed and ready to go then why can't I put whatever I like in it? Why would it be limited to only one light? This really doesn't make sense to me! I have several lights that I could stash anywhere like in a drawer or in a bug out bag, I can't fathom why I wouldn't choose to keep 3 or 4 lights in the bag ready to go - 2 is 1 and 1 is none, redundancy is good, etc.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
right now my new Maxped Malaga only has a Peak El Capitan S.S. #0 & a Muyshondt Ti Mako (reg.). When my Muyshondt Nautilus xp-g neut. comes back from Milky it will go in there (eventually, along w/ the modded Arc AA xp-e neutral) as well. On me I will either have "the Clicky" or Ti-pd-s mizer as my primary light source.

As far as batteries there are 10 cr123's and 4 aaa(lithium) and come to think about it, no AA's:thinking:.

As far as one light in my "B.O.B.", my dear friend, that is ludricrous:D.

;)

Edit: once I left the thread I remembered that I had one of those clip on orange Fauxtons from Countycomm in there as well. One light...baahummbug!

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since we're limited to one, theoritcally, it would be my U2 (Seoul), A14, with several B65's, the stock C200 charger, and several (20'ish) primaries.

Maybe the title should read "What light WOULD you put in your bug-out bag", as to what's in it varies, as some have stated.

Last edited:

SARLights

Newly Enlightened
Gerber Recon M-II and spare batteries.
Run-time is amazing, multiple output modes, solid construction.

4750769912_9715a6b4f5.jpg

gunga

Flashaholic
I am currently changing the lights in my BOB.

THey will include:

- Gerber Infinity Ultra, modded with GS led
- Fenix E01
- Quark AA, with 18650, and CR123 bodies.

Maybe a mini AA or something CR123 related too.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
Ive done the thinking, and the packing. Spares are mandatory in my planning.
Quark 2AA neutral and Zebralight H501 neutral in the main bag, loaded with eneloops. 2 sets of spare lithiums.
Quark MiNi AA in my mini survival kit that gets put on my belt.
Plus there is a couple of coin cell lights as zipper pulls.

In the car there is usually some other lights and batteries. And a 6 watt solar charger.

I suppose for a 1 light deal, it would be the Quark 2AA.

scout24

Flashaholic
McGizmo 27LT w/ XP-G, and a dozen spare primaries. Peak Matterhorn with two 4-packs of Lithium AAA's. McGizmo Sapphire Mule always on my keys, and Haiku XP-G always clipped to my LF pocket.