the Micron 30 (/w Glock 30)

Cord421

Newly Enlightened
I was recently in the market for another pistol and ended with the Glock 30 sub-compact .45 Auto. The current G30 includes a weapon rail; given its sub-compact size, mountable weapon lights are limited. The most publicized option I've seen in the Insight X2, a big and ugly Xenon bulb weapon light with a 40 lumens and 30 min run time. This was not cutting it for me.

I found a company named NightScout and their micron 30 weapon light. This is a 40 lumen LED weapon light designed for sub-compact pistols. It only weighs 1.3oz and is 1.1" X 1.28" X 2.1" Long.

For what they offer, the micron 30 is expensive. When it comes to home security (and the ability to light up the dark) price is irrelevant to me.

Here are some shots of my NightScout micro 30 with the Glock 30.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. The thing I love about lights attached to the weapon is that in 99% of defense situations, you can use the light as a targeting mechanism. Just put the bright spot on center of mass, and you have an almost guaranteed hit.

brh

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a gun person by any means… but that's a nice setup, I love the clean, modular nature of the 'rail,' and that looks spectacular.

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
Nice review. Thanks for bringing this light to my attention. I think that there is a ton of room for innovation in the pistolight market. I'm really surprised that some of the bigger flashlight brands do not design an offering in this market like Fenix. It has really only been Surefire, Streamlight, and Insight for the most part. My subcompact pistols do not have light rails, but if they did, this would be a major consideration. On my full size pistols and carbines, I use the SF X200B due to the outstanding room-filling flood beam. I have a streamlight TLR-2 in transit to me right now as well.

And as mentioned, yes, dump those nasty glock stock issue sights and get a good set of tritium night sights, and you will increase your accuracy in all lighting conditions. But the G30 sure is little beast huh? :) Kind of like the "Noisey Cricket" of Independence Day movies

Last edited: