Your thoughts on E2e/KL1 vs. L1

pahl

Enlightened
How does the L1 compare to the E2e/KL1.

It the L1 at bright or brighter on high as the KL1?
What's the run time for the L1 on high?

Over all what light do you like better?

Thanks,

pahl

Enlightened
From what I read on the Surefire site on high (15 lums) you get 5 hours from one CR123 battery, correct?

How many lums is low?

Thanks,

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's a mistake on their website. There's no way that thing gets 5 hours on high, more like 1 hour or so. It's the same brightness as the KL1 on 2x123 which runs about 4 hours. I don't have the L1 since I can get a smaller package with an Arc LS, and the Arc uses a high dome LED vs the batwing of the KL1 and L1. The single stage dimmer is nice though. Strictly my preference, many others will differ.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I think the 5 hours is one hour at full, then it will run for 4 hours in low after that, if the graph from the KL1 (edit: on one cell) is any indication.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my review page on the L1:

[ QUOTE ]
Output from the Luxeon Star LED is variable via the two-stage switching mechanism. The first stage of brightness measures about 12 Lux at beam center on my meter. This is good for low-light tasks where you don't want to blow away your night adapted vision. This stage of illumination is available for about 50 hours. The second stage of brightness measured 350 Lux at beam center on my meter. This is just right for general illumination tasks. The digital circuitry can maintain this for about 1½ hours before the system drops out of regulation and diminishing light is provided for another hour or so before the output really bottoms out. After that a small amount of light is provided for many hours. All of this is done with a single 3 Volt 123a lithium cell which is accessed by unscrewing the tailcap.

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL1, with only one stage of brightness, provides 4 hours of regulated output before diminishing brightness is encountered.

Latest posts