Quark 18650 body

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
I have a Quark 123 x2 Turbo and bought a 18650 Li-ion body; I can put the flashlight together with the new body, but cannot get it to work...:thinking:

I have a new charger and 2 18650's from 47's online store so I don't think both could be DOA. If I assemble the light with the old body and 123's it works perfectly.

Any suggestions?

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
I've seen that thread, however, mine is not a warm white tint which it was thought that problem was isolated to.

The only thing I can think is the batteries arrived depleted and just need charging...well that new charger has some issues...its a dual bay, but only one side indicates charging. Also the battery does not get warm while charging...do 18650 heat up on the charger? I'm thinking I might have a bad charger.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normally the cells come at about 3,80V and so they work, even if they should be charged...

Have you got a DMM? You need to check if the cell has contact, while teh cell is in the body, touch the main contact with one wire, the (not anodized) threads with the other one, you should get the voltage.

Make sure the cell in inserted the right way and that the ring in the tailcap makes contact, there were already tailcaps where this didn't happen and a second washer ring was needed.

Cells normally get slightly warm while charging, depends on the charging current of course. It could perhaps be that your cell has a problem, perhaps the protection is engaged? If it reads 0,0V there's something wrong with it for sure. If the voltage is too low however, the 123-2 could not work, I don't remember which voltage it needs...

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
I found out there are two types of 18650 batteries, they are referred to as type A and B. Type B, like an AW flat-top, will not work in the Quark series such as the Turbo or Maelstrom. I made an inquiry to 4seven's store customer service and they claimed the type A, which has a button top, would be compatible.

Learned something today :ohgeez:lol