We have a few version 3.2 Arc-AAAs in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a few v3.2 Arc-AAAs in stock. We will send these out first before we send out more v3.3s. The difference between the two units is the location of the inscription and the carbon grease treatment (under the roll crimp).

Just an FYI. If you want to specify a certain version, just add a comment to your order in the comments field on the second page of the order form.

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
Got a pic of the 3.3?

Unless there's a significant functional difference I think I'd rather buy another 3.2, just to stick it to m*g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this thread.

arcaaa33.jpg

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter (or anyone else who knows),

What about the CPF 2003 Arc AAA? Where is the inscription on it? It is v 3.2 I would assume?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CPF Arc (which we still have in stock) is version 3.2 with the inscription around the battery compartment.

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm confused, does the 3.3 have the surefire-like flat spot like the pic in that thread you linked?

I think it looks better without it, but 3.2 (or no engraving) looks the best of all.

How about using engraving without any fill-in paint? Like the McLux TK's pocket clip engraving. Very subtle, looks great.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr,

The 3.3 does NOT have a flat spot on the body. It looks just like previous versions except the lettering is along the body, right on top of the knurled HA III. IlluminatingBikr's post above has a picture of a 3.3. The link to the thread includes lots of discussion about alternate possibilities, including a flat spot (if I memory serves), but the actual light is as pictured above, and as I've described it.

Hope this helped.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr: that was a photoshop job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the inscription isn't filled in with paint as far as i know...the laser etching exposes the alumnium underneath which has a rough surface due to the etching, making it appear white instead of silver.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laser engraving like what is used on Arcs is non-ablative. It reduces and seperates the pigment particles without affecting the anodize or aluminium. This is why it is so durable.

The process is similiar to how lasers are used to reduce the appearance of tatoos.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.