Man vs. Wild

StarHalo

Flashaholic
beargryllsc.jpg

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember one of these guys is a total fake-is bear grylls the one who films himself? If not, I think it was him in this video where they showed a shot of him in the "wilderness" from his TV show, and then the people who posted the video showed the same shot... they'd found the film location, and guess what.... it was right next to a freeway. LOL. Also, what flashlight does bear grylls use? Does he use one?

mrartillery

Enlightened
Lol, Bear has been found guilty of doing such things, but nevertheless he is a great entertainer, which makes for a great show IMO. Also, +1 to you Jeff, dual survival is a great show.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I like about these shows is seeing all the neat scenery in HD. River Monsters is another good one.

nbp

Flashaholic
I love River Monsters! Just watched an episode a few minutes ago. Remind me never to go in the Congo river, the Amazon, or the Mekong. :eek:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love River Monsters! Just watched an episode a few minutes ago. Remind me never to go in the Congo river, the Amazon, or the Mekong. :eek:
My grandfather was a military pilot way back in the day, and he went to famous river with some crew, I think it was the amazon, and this one guy got these parasites in his back, and they didn't notice them for a while so when they pulled them out, the guy had like 7 gaping holes in his skin, each around a cm wide. I said I would NEVER go there :sick2:

nbp

Flashaholic
Botflies perhaps? I saw those things on Monsters Inside Me. A show that's so horrifying I have to watch it. ;)

Makes me really happy I live in the Midwest. We don't really have any of those creepies here. Everything dies in winter. Hehe.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botflies perhaps? I saw those things on Monsters Inside Me. A show that's so horrifying I have to watch it. ;)

Makes me really happy I live in the Midwest. We don't really have any of those creepies here. Everything dies in winter. Hehe.
.........the google image results for botflies are awful. But I don't think that was it-his description was "a bunch of .30 caliber entry wounds on his back". Also, monsters inside me is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrartillery

Enlightened
My grandfather was a military pilot way back in the day, and he went to famous river with some crew, I think it was the amazon, and this one guy got these parasites in his back, and they didn't notice them for a while so when they pulled them out, the guy had like 7 gaping holes in his skin, each around a cm wide. I said I would NEVER go there :sick2:

Ouch, thats gotta suck.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch, thats gotta suck.
I would imagine so.

Also, sorry about that empath, I felt very strongly about the matter :eek: go ahead and do a google image search for "botflies", you might want to swear too :nana: