about surefire e1-b

knucklehead87

Newly Enlightened
good day! im kinda new here. i just wanna ask if this light can be run by a recharchable? tnx

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
good day! im kinda new here. i just wanna ask if this light can be run by a recharchable? tnx

Many have tried running it on RCR123 rated at 3.7v and have noticed it flickering. I too face the same problem using AW's RCR123. If you really need to run rechargeables, I would urge you to trust my recommendation to get a 170 lumen HDS clicky instead. It puts out more light than my E1B and feels tougher. On top of that it has four preset levels to choose from and is individually programmable to the output you want from 0.08 lumen to 170 lumens OTF. I have stopped using the E1B ever since I got a HDS clicky.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
A big +1 to RA Clicky suggestion! I have a handful of Novatac lights and an RA Twisty and they are VERY versatile beasts. I EDC two Novatacs daily (see the links in my tag line below). I also have a Surefire E2L because it will run on a 17670 if the body is bored a little bit and you still get great runtime. I've been tempted at times to pick up a cheap e1b from the marketplace but I know it would just get relegated to my wife's purse after a while. The inability to run on a rechargeable has really steared me clear of it to date.

Let us know what you end up doing.