Nexstar AAA vs AAA Legend (MicroIllum. Pill?)

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone taken apart a NexStar AAA? I wondering if it will accept the pill from the MicroIlluminator. Anyone have any experience with this?

Jon

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, yesterday I saw the NexStar 1AAA at MicroCenter and wondered if anyone has seen them before. Guess someone has! For people that haven't seen them before, I took a picture of it - a bit blurry though:

nex1aaa.jpg

Dan

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm, I wonder if these have a lock out function like the Legends...

I've only seen them on the Brinkmann website - although I may order one off of the MicroCenter site if it turns out the M.I. pill will work.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
No the pill is smaller in diameter then the hole and the depth to the top of the battery is too much.I have made a custom heat sink for them I currently have the whole nex star family converted to led with custom heatsinks and overdriven ls'.
Chris

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris, we meet again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to live with my mangled Legend AAA body then. It doesn't look like they (the NexStars) have lock out capability anyway. As I carry the M.I. in my pocket I really need the lock out function.

Jon