Good threads (lubed), ..long/deep enough to be worthwhile
Perfect size o-ring
Relatively Deep, smooth, slightly parabolic reflector
Centered XP-E (2 wire leads) ~ Q5 WC
Listed @110lm {its all that & maybe more}
Twisty
Surprising throw for a AAA light.. :goodjob:

Gotta say, when you have no expectations on a light,
and it arrives much better than you thought,...all's good!

The new KD Buckle V6 is a winner

>>>>>>>>>>> Beamshot, (Hotspot definition approx. 6+ feet)

Last edited:

oronocova

Enlightened
Re: Buckle V6 .. got AAA throw?

Is the twist action on these newer buckle lights adequately firm/tight? I got burnt out on the v1, 2, 3 ones because the threads had a lot of play and mine required something like chapstick to make them feel most positive.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the twist action on these newer buckle lights adequately firm/tight? I got burnt out on the v1, 2, 3 ones because the threads had a lot of play and mine required something like chapstick to make them feel most positive.

+

yep,
I had a V2 or 3 and there are noticeable improvements.
The longer/deeper threads and the right size o-ring make a big difference.

its a much better light

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick look - not too much info. on these lights nowadays. Be sure to report back if the light drops out of regulation and slowly drains out your alkaline. I know my v1 did this. Lasted for many, many hours.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

You don't happen to have an itp A3 to compare it to do you?

The buckle always looked really nice to me, but it seems hard to justify it when the A3 is so close in price.

The beam profile looks quite nice though as does the build quality.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

You don't happen to have an itp A3 to compare it to do you?

The buckle always looked really nice to me, but it seems hard to justify it when the A3 is so close in price.

The beam profile looks quite nice though as does the build quality.

+

I don't have another AAA to compare currently, sold my V2 year or so ago.

~ there are very few times when you come across a light where the reflector is actually designed around the emitter used,
{{ its so common these days for a new Cree to get shoved into some reflector laying around, and the manufacture crosses fingers...:shakehead}}

This is not the case with the V6, it has a flawless beam and a very defined hotpot, XP-E & SMO is perfect.
Went outside last night to check the beam and was truly impressed by the throw from the V6, :eek: "really, it's a keychain light"
before the small die Crees', this was absolutely not possible.

Last edited:

OCD

Enlightened
Re: Buckle V6 ~ can a single AAA throw?

Just out of curiosity, where are these available? I did a quick search and got some hits but could not find a website to purchase from.

Bright key chain lights like this (and the Maratac & ITP's) are my "gateway" drug to get my friends and relatives into edc'ing a flashlight! :poke: So far I've i got my dad using a Maratac SST and my cousin picked up a ITP Titanium. With more and more affordable options to chose from, its makes it more appealing to carry a flashlight.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity, where are these available? I did a quick search and got some hits but could not find a website to purchase from.

Bright key chain lights like this (and the Maratac & ITP's) are my "gateway" drug to get my friends and relatives into edc'ing a flashlight! :poke: So far I've i got my dad using a Maratac SST and my cousin picked up a ITP Titanium. With more and more affordable options to chose from, its makes it more appealing to carry a flashlight.
+

KD is short for kaidomain

KD HAIII BUCKLE V6 MAX XP-E Q5 WC

Last edited:

bltkmt

Enlightened

I like that color too...nice light. I am hesitant to order from KD again, though...my last order was on July 8th and still have yet to receive it. :(