Angryfox        
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Epic AAA Run-time test (low level only!)

Default Re: Epic AAA Run-time test (low level only!)

Received the low power Yuji E01 from Vinh today and started a runtime test today at 5pm. We shall see how long it will run on a standard Eneloop.

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Received the low power Yuji E01 from Vinh today and started a runtime test today at 5pm. We shall see how long it will run on a standard Eneloop.
    I don't fully understand the battery chemistries, buy why would you use a rechargeable for a runtime test, draining it down so low?
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Iím testing runtime on an Eneloop......because I use Eneloops. If you go to the beginning of this thread Beacon of light, the OP, did his series of tests on Duraloops. He gave the same answer. Maybe we can see what itís able to do on a lithium primary afterwards.

edit: 14 hours and lookin good 👍🏼
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    I don't fully understand the battery chemistries, buy why would you use a rechargeable for a runtime test, draining it down so low?
    Last edited by gurdygurds; 09-14-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Almost 21.5 hours and still motoring along. No drop in output.

good stuff, how many lumens of output, 1 or ~10? If 1, you'll likely get at least 100 hours. If 10, I am surprised it is still going. Hoping for a similar light from the BLF group buy.

1.7 lumen yujiíd e01 courtesy of Vinh 👍🏼
    Quote Originally Posted by sbslider View Post
    good stuff, how many lumens of output, 1 or ~10? If 1, you'll likely get at least 100 hours. If 10, I am surprised it is still going. Hoping for a similar light from the BLF group buy.

looking forward to seeing how long it will go, keep us updated.

I was out longer than I had planned and the light is definitely now in moon mode. 31.5 hrs. Not sure if it will jack up my eneloop but Iím going to let erí ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    I was out longer than I had planned and the light is definitely now in moon mode. 31.5 hrs. Not sure if it will jack up my eneloop but Iím going to let erí ride.
    Of course it will. That's why I was asking in the 1st place. I'd be curious to see the ending voltage of the cell, once the test is over.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

knowing the current before the test and the battery capacity gives you a pretty good idea of how long to expect it to run. Are you able to measure the current on that light?

I don't have any equipment to measure voltage or current or anything. Wish I could've give y'all more info, sorry about that. I let it run for another hour and a half until it was pretty dim and then shut it off, so about 33 hours on a standard Eneloop. Pretty cool. I'll see if I can grab a lithium primary today and let it run on that. Anyhow, many thanks to Vinh for building this light. When I grab a lithium primary I'll let it run on that.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910