$200 to spend to up-grade my C2. I need your help!!

DFLO281

Newly Enlightened
Its been awhile for me on here and i just got my new C2 Surefire. I have some AW 17670 around and wanted to know if any led drop ins could use these. Also I have around $200 to spend to up grade this bad boy. Just looking for an all out bad *** C2. This is just going tobe my Wow light.

Thank you guys for all your help-Dustin

BIGLOU

Enlightened
See if you could get you hands on a Malkoff M60 or M61, get some RCR123s and a charger, SS bezel ring and a McClicky for the stock SF C2 tailcap. You should have some money left over for Digital Multi-Meter to check battery voltage off charger. Go to Oveready.com for the bezel, McClicky and the M60. You can also get a C2 bored out to accept 18650 lithium ion batteries.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely go to oveready.com and check out their C2 hosts. you might even buy their already upgraded host which is close to $200, then sell your C2 to buy a drop-in. actually, they might be sold out of the cerakote hosts. oveready also has a 3 x XP-G drop-in that puts out 1100 lumens! :faint: those are probably sold out too.

also look at nailbender's drop-in, i love my SST-90 warm tint drop-in.

DFLO281

Newly Enlightened
I love those XG-P drop ins but they are always out. I have everything to test and charge just need a drop-in and some power....

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
$200 to upgrade to a wow light? I dunno how much oveready charges to bore out the light, but if it's not that much, I would do that and then get one of their triple xp-g dropins and possibly get an a19 extender so you can run 2 18500 cells. That's a lot and it might put you a little over the budget. If that's the case, I would still bore out the light for an 18650 but get one of nailbender's dropins. I have one of his sst-50 dropins and it's pretty nice. Nice wall of light with decent throw. Or if you want more of a flood light, then get one of his sst-90 dropins. Less throw but a bigger and brighter wall of light. You should take a look at the "C2 addict" thread. there's lots of pics for you to get an idea of what you might want.

carrot

Flashaholic
IMHO the C2 is already such a sweet light all you need to add is a high quality light engine. Malkoff M61 is my personal favorite.

jslappa

Enlightened
Im with Carrot on this one. If you want more throw, oveready.com has some M60's. If you want less throw and a bit more spill, get the
M61.

So what are you going to do with the spare $140?

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im with Carrot on this one. If you want more throw, oveready.com has some M60's. If you want less throw and a bit more spill, get the
M61.

So what are you going to do with the spare $140?

Send in the light body to be bored! Then buy the M60/M61 and have it shipped back ready to rock . Don't forget the 18650's!