• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

1W Luxeon with BB700?

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
I've seen this combo, but my question is how viable is it? I know the standard 1W has a max current rating of 350mA so how is the LED surviving at 700mA?

Another related question, in 3AA direct drive mode about how much current does a 1W emitter pull?

Thanks for the info.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chief, I believe Charlie's (Mr B) LGI drives the lux at about 900 mA to 1 amp and they are still doing ok.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, MM+ drives the 1W at 800 mA, but it is only happening when the batteries are fresh. After that, it is down hill from there.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wide open means that there is no pot, so it is stuck at full power. whereas the regular has a pot so you can adjust it.

chief, don't worry about a bb700, i like driving my 1watters somewhere around 1.2amps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chief_Wiggum said:
Another related question, in 3AA direct drive mode about how much current does a 1W emitter pull?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this too. Does anybody know the answer?

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chief, I believe Charlie's (Mr B) LGI drives the lux at about 900 mA to 1 amp and they are still doing ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrBulk's LGI is a 3AA direct drive light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concede: I compared 3aa alk brightness to 2aa mm+, both with nx05, and same batch 1w, 3aa a tad brighter in the beginning.

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Then did the MM+ maintain brightness longer than the 3aa? I'm now sorta wondering if I should go with a MM+. Anyone have any idea how it'd be with the 1W + single CR123?

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Then did the MM+ maintain brightness longer than the 3aa? I'm now sorta wondering if I should go with a MM+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do a runtime comparison, since I have no cooling compound to put in the MM+ sandwich.

Sig