LiteFlux LF2XT issue... can't program for the life of me.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I bought a LiteFlux LF2XT back in the Spring and it has been great. Recently the brass washer in the tailcap came loose and Steve Ku helped me with that issue.

Well, my programming reset from the first time I programmed it in FUI mode, and last night I spent three hours in vain trying to get it back. I am trying to do a five-level lighting program from lowest, four brighter, eight brighter, 12 brighter, and a simple strobe for emergencies.

(X brighter being the 15 levels of 1-press increases you can make while programming)

I get to about three or four (and sometimes to the fifth), and it will reset back to the default. I'm not doing the 10 clicks + hold back to factory, so I don't know what it is.

And if anyone can tell me what the 7 clicks + hold "memory function" applies to, please enlighten me.

Please help me with anything you know. If I want five levels, do I start at 1 and work my way up to five, or... ????????

Thanks in advance,
-Ryan

LEDburn

Enlightened
I'm not sure entirely on what's wrong myself here so I'll just ask these 2 questions.

Are you having trouble setting it to have 5 modes?
or
Are you having trouble saving the settings for each of the individual 5 modes?

Either way I can only point you here...hopefully this helps...

As for the memory function it simply turns back on at the mode you turned it off at, otherwise it will always come on at mode 1.

Also, generally two quick flashes mean function enabled, and one flash followed by a space of a second or two and then another flash means it's disabled. eg, say you did 7C + PH then it flashes twice quickly; memory is enabled and should turn back on at the level it turns off at.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure double flash always represents 'function enabled' for all the functions and flash, blank, flash is 'function disabled'..someone correct me if I'm wrong..

hotlight

Enlightened
TRY THIS:

factory reset, 10c+PH
turn off light
turn on light
5C+PH, enter FUI
Now, not sure how many "modes" are the factory default... might be 5, if so skip this next step... it won't hurt to do it tho.

6C+PH(this lets you choose how many "modes" you want in FUI)
after you do 6c+ph, count the number of flashes. 1 flash=1 mode, 2=2,3=3,4=4 etc.
to set up 5 modes, click 5 times......... now there should be 5 flashes. if there is 5 flashes, REMEMBER to 3C+PH to SAVE. You must save after every COMMAND.

thats how you'll get your 5 modes.
I assume you know how to program each mode?

programming the strobe, and the strobe's frequency is a little "trickier"

lets say you want strobe on the last mode(5/5)= find the fifth mode by shuffling thru your modes. 3c+PH, PH(not sure of the cycle, but they are strobe, SOS, beacon and constant)Keep shuffling thru type of modes with PH til you get strobe. once you get strobe, you can 4C to change frequency of strobe(1c=decrease freq., 2c=increase)
REMEMBER TO SAVE 3C+PH

did I mention to SAVE after EVERY COMMAND

you may have already done all this, and know more than me.... and you simply have a defective light.(unlikely?)

hope this helps.

Q: How did your light reset?(you factory reset it? or did it "reset itself"?)

as far as "starting at 1 and working way up"(not exact quote)
I would do 6c+ph, 1 click(shows 1 flash), 3c+ph. then program that 1st mode.
repeat: 6c+ph, 2 clicks(show 2 flash), 3c+ph. then program the 2nd mode
repeat, repeat and repeat.
this is the "hard but sure way" to make sure your settings are in your specific order.

LEDburn is correct as far as "memory mode"(7c+ph) goes. slow flash=off/disabled fast flash=on/enabled

Last edited:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Thank you both for commenting...

The light reset it seems after the brass washer came loose. Because it did this (loosened), it was inconsistent, finicky, and then finally quit which is when I contacted Steve Ku who modded it for me. The mod is solid, he knows what he doing and talking about. He changed it to an R5 and a Sapphire window by the way - AMAZING!

Anyways... now that I know it's not the memory function (which I will now turn off, as that's the way I had it before - going back to mode 1 always), I will answer your question and explain mine...

I'm not sure if I know how to change modes. Oddly enough, I programmed my light before and got it to the point of "amazingness" that I loved so much.

My question is that when you select the number of modes (five is what I want), by doing the 6C+PH, and then 5C to select the five modes, how do I then select which modes I want to change after I saved the five modes by doing the 3C+PH?

So, I go into mode # selection, click 5C, then save. How do I now access the modes to change them (cycling through 1-5 of course) and yeah...

Thanks again,
Ryan

hoongern

Enlightened
How do I now access the modes to change them (cycling through 1-5 of course)

Assuming you've already got your 5 number of modes, you just need to double click to cycle through each mode. At each mode, you can do your 3C+PH to program that particular mode, at which point it should blink twice.

TBH, I find this: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/241082 the most helpful reference sheet for the LF2XT :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good luck, Ryan, getting everything back to "amazingness". Hotlight's advice sounds spot-on. It's been so long since I got into mode setting and such it would probably take me a long time to get it back right. I'm also using 5 modes. I think I just got lucky with initial deciphering of the manual. Definitely check out the flow chart and other info mentioned by TooManyGizmos.

Geoff

hotlight

Enlightened
I'm not sure if I know how to change modes. Oddly enough, I programmed my light before and got it to the point of "amazingness" that I loved so much.

My question is that when you select the number of modes (five is what I want), by doing the 6C+PH, and then 5C to select the five modes, how do I then select which modes I want to change after I saved the five modes by doing the 3C+PH?

So, I go into mode # selection, click 5C, then save. How do I now access the modes to change them (cycling through 1-5 of course) and yeah...

Thanks again,
Ryan

after you successfully 6c+ph, 5 clicks and SAVE.
2C to shuffle thru modes(EX: moon, low, med, high, max high)

lets say you want to change: moon mode(#1)
turn on light to moon mode(#1), 3c+ph(to enter setting mode).... now you can x1 click to increase brightness, or x2 fast clicks to decrease brightness. once you set brightness to your liking SAVE 3c+PH.

so on for the other modes, like I said doing the strobe is a little trickier.

use the flow chart if you haven't.. if you have tried, then you are like me and can't stand it.(I made my own "pocket card" w/ TEXT)

here it is:(disregard the LF3XT instructions, "BOTH" obviously means same function for both the LF 2 XT and LF 3 XT)

BOTH 1C=on/off
BOTH 1C+PH=random strobe
BOTH PH=MAX
BOTH 2C=cycle thru modes
BOTH 3C=exit & don't save
BOTH 3C+PH=save & exit
BOTH 3C+PH(WHILE LIGHT IS ON)=programming for that individual mode, PH to change type of mode(strobe,beacon, constant, or SOS)1C to increase brightness 2C to decrease brightness, 4C to enter strobe/beacon frequency-1C decrease frequency 2C increase frequency 3C+PH to save and exit
BOTH 4C=tactical on/off
LF2XT 4C+PH=ODP on/off(slow flash=off, fast flash=on)
LF3XT 4C+PH=MAIN MENU FOR LF3XT///"not used(1flash)///batt. protection(2flash)3C+PH goes to type of battery protection(1flash)NO PROTECTION(2flash)li ion protection(3flash)lifepo4 protecton(4flash)nimh aa2 protection///, #of modes(3flash)3C+PH to select # of modes(1flash thru 5flashes to indicate how many modes are being used)/// , factory reset(4flash)3C+PH to reset, memory(5flash)1flash per second=OFF 2flashes per second=ON" settings.
BOTH 5C=battery report
BOTH 5C+PH=swap between CUI+FUI
LF2XT 6C+PH= number of modes(#of clicks determines # of modes…. 1 flash=1 mode, 3 flashes=3 modes)
LF2XT 7C+PH=memory mode(slow flash=off, fast flash=on)
LF2XT 8C+PH=auto off/timer(slow flash=off, fast flash=on)
LF2XT 10C+PH=factory reset

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Oh my word... imagine me pacing around my living room, palm on forehead, saying, "OH MY GOSH!!! I'm such an IDIOT!!!"

For some reason, I figured this out the first time, and implemented it flawlessly.

I obviously didn't realize that you just have to be in the current mode to change it.

Wow...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I haven't carried this light for months because of this... I feel like I got my $100 investment back. And I have seven batteries, two chargers and a two-cell carrying case for extras for the pocket!!!

YEAH!!!

I'm so excited... I just can't hide it... do do, do do, do do... do do do do do.

Thanks again!
-Ryan

P.S. I have the manual... I just need to print the quick guide.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Ryan I have a similar problem not sure if it's the loose pill or what but my light seemed to lose it's settings and then I did a fasctory reset and trying to program the 5 modes is tricky and the manual and the flowchart don't seem to help as when I followed both, my results weren't saving the brightness for levels and would come on at different levels after I set them and saved them.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beacon ,

Try setting just 2 modes , the 1st very dim , 2nd very bright , and see if it retains the memory .

Remember to press the right number of times to SAVE and exit ..... not just to exit.

If it still fails , it could be a faulty U.I.

~