New Focus for my Dog Walking

Rose35

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I'm am now settled with FM body with a 16340 cell with a Nailbender three level Linger special. Low Light, medium and a nice room lighting beam on high for my dog walking in the evening.
Now, Im interested in a thrower for more range (for play, of course). Tonight, I took an Arc Mania SFII Single AA Power two level, nice little thrower. Very impressive for it's size and battery.
Any ideas on a nice thrower, should I go incan or LED? Nothing too big or heavy.

Thanks to all flashaholics....:)

FYI: Still working on posting those dog walking photos.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
For more throw you will need to step up the size of your lights, bigger reflector wider bezel etc, which usually comes with longer bodies, think Jetbeam M1X, M2S, Thrunite Catapult, Eagletac, Olight. Getting more expensive here.

Maybe have a look into Surefires E2DL or the LX2, their optics are designed to maximize throw but they use CR123 lithium cells, you mentioned AA batteries and rechargeables but they are still compact

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
I like my Fenix TK 20 with 2 aa enloops for my night dog walks. Warm LED emitter is almost like an incan. It has very good throw...overall, a very impressive light.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rose,

Since you don't mention a budget I'll put this on the table.

Lumens Factory SP-6, latest model comes w/ XP-G $45.99

Add: LF mini-turbo head $24 + D36 XR-E R2 3 mode drop-in $34. The SP-6/mini-Turbo makes a nice handful that will fit in a coat pocket.

SP-6 will take 2X cr123 so you can run either drop-in.

LF also offers an SSC P7 turbo head, 3 mode for $98 plus you need a C - M adapter $15. The P7 head is BIG.

You can use RCR-123s w/ any of the drop-ins but run time will be limited to < 1 hr for the D-26 or D-36 and maybe 20-30 min for the P7.

In either case you will have "throw" and a nice quality "lego" light. BTW, the LF lights are SureFire compatible for tail switches and bezels.

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Check out 4Sevens Maelstrom G5. It's a nice thrower...not too big. Although if you are looking for a real thrower, the Jetbeam M1X, M2S, Thrunite Catapult V2, Olight SR90/SR91, Surefire M3LT, etc. may be more of what you are looking for.

It's hard to say as you didn't mention how much throw you want and how much money you are willing to part with.

P.S. Forgot to mention the Fenix TK30/TK40. TK30 uses Lithium Primaries (123's) and the TK40 uses AA's (I advise using Sanyo Eneloops).

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire E2DL or LX2 are great little throwers, the thing about these are that the hotspot gets fairly big the further it reaches out. but it still throws very well. for me, it makes it more useful because i dont have the best vision, and objects further are illuminated more instead of being lit up by a hotspot thats 2 feet in diameter.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you could get an M1X warm tint that might suit your purposes perfectly, tighten head for max, loosen for user programmable mode (includes strobe, SOS and beacon modes)

Nokoff

Enlightened
what fm body is that size? ..you would not get far on a walk using a linger special on high with that little batt..sure it isn't a 26 series battery? .. reason I say is my dog walks can go up to an hour, usually have the linger special, and stuff my pockets with little throwers like the JB jet1 pro neutral, and the best is the Solarforce Skyline 1, throws farther than a TK40 and is relatively compact and inexpensive.. easy to hold on long walks and fun to hit up the backyards at distance.. my pockets are full of torches on walks :)

Hey guys,

I'm am now settled with FM body with a 16340 cell with a Nailbender three level Linger special. Low Light, medium and a nice room lighting beam on high for my dog walking in the evening.
Now, Im interested in a thrower for more range (for play, of course). Tonight, I took an Arc Mania SFII Single AA Power two level, nice little thrower. Very impressive for it's size and battery.
Any ideas on a nice thrower, should I go incan or LED? Nothing too big or heavy.

Thanks to all flashaholics....:)

FYI: Still working on posting those dog walking photos.