introduction: hello i'm new!

ooohfishy

Newly Enlightened
just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm tina. :wave:

just a fan of lights. not my profession. but looking forward to learning a lot more about them from this forum.

made my 1st surefire (Lumamax LX2) purchase last week after browsing this forum. thank you all. i love it!

Proud owner of:
Underwater Kinetics C4 eLED (I'm not a diver, my friend thought it'd be a crazy fun gift and I've only used it in his pool... :)).
Surefire 9P (still love it but this one just drains battery power).

headlamps (all Petzl):
DUO 14 ACCU <--- used it on several guided caving trips.
Tatikka Plus <--- use it almost everyday.
Zipka 2

prof student

Enlightened
Hi Tina :welcome: Hold on to your wallet/purse. The more time you spend on here, the more you go "ohh...I like that....and that...and that one...and I'll take that one as well",.......

As for your SF 9P, you can order Gene's new 31W and run it on 2AA (which is said to fit perfectly in the 9P body). I hear its a great set up.
SF 9P host
Malkoff drop-in
accesable AA batteries (or use rechargeables)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Welcome tina ,

You picked a friendly site , with lots of info to share !

You also need the NEW ZebraLight SC-60 , just coming to market .

Jump on in , and help warm up the pool with your lights !

TMG :)
~

BarryG

Enlightened
:welcome:
Now its all bad news for your bank account!!!
Now you need a single AA, single123, gotta have a thrower, need something with a long runtime for power outages......

Barry

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
Hello Tina,

You'll also need many, many batteries of different chemistries, and more chargers than you've ever heard of; cases of all types to put them in; a new camera; some pretty BRASS lights (and somebody to polish them); a new fan to diffuse the lingering aroma of Brasso in your kitchen; neighbors who don't mind seeing your flashlight beams on their trees and in their windows; colored led's for kids to play with; a new coat so you can play with your lights outside on dark, cold winter nights; and much, much more.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
j
made my 1st surefire (Lumamax LX2) purchase last week after browsing this forum. thank you all. i love it!

Hi Tina and welcome. You have excellent taste in lighting gear! Congrats on the LX2, I have one, and I think it may well be the perfect flashlight for its intended purpose. I know that I absolutely love mine.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

If you think the 9P drains batteries your in for a surprise, stock up on those cells!:thumbsup:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I've always said to other new flashlight lovers.. take a long look at your wallet.

This will be the last time you see your debit/credit card intact.(Don't mind me,I'm just being dramatic..)

Welcome to Hotel California..you can check out anytime you like,but you can never leave.

Sincerely,
Mike

clippper

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Tina, I'm also new to this. The amount of info here is mind boggling. Fun stuff!

ooohfishy

Newly Enlightened
wee thank you all for the warm welcome!

So much to learn here!!!! Brain... will... hurt.... wallet... empty... :)

looking forward to everything!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more welcome Miss Fish.

Always cool to have more chicks in a forum dominated by guys. Lights are cool as you already know.

My advice from the get go and to save you money is to try to buy lights that can use rechargeable batteries as this will save you lots of money in the long run and of course, you'll be doin' the tree huggin' thing.

All my lights (partly by coincidence) are using either AA size, CR123 size or 18650 size batteries but of course, in the rechargeable equivalent.

Coupled with a good charger and you're set.

As for the money, better get that second job you were thinking of getting, you're gonna need it :)

George

Latest posts