NexNeedle Upgraded

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulk removed the U4U SE from my NexNeedle and transp[lanted it on a heat sink for a 360 degree lantern I'm building that will be regulated by a PowerPuck.

The Nexneedle received a V2T HD that works impressively with the NexNeedle reflector.

Both of these arrived at work today.

I ravaged a couple of lights in my briefcase for a 123 and a Panasonic 17670 Li-Ion.

These two batteries in the V2T NexNeedle throw a whiter, tighter, and more even beam than the KL4 I carry.

I think, but am not sure, that the V2T puts out more lumens, also with this modest 6.7 v = 3.0 V + 3.7 V (before voltage drop) power package.

I would certainly expect the NexNeedle to throw farther in the dark. I think Mr. Bulk and I both agree that the Lambertan works far more satisfactorily in this host / reflector package than the SE.

Now, what can I get Charlie to make for me with one of the primo T1Z Luxeons he's touting on another thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G Pilot

Enlightened
What do the guts of a Nexstar look like? Is it user friendly to accept a heat sink or is it alot of work?
I guess Charlie would be the best to respond to this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Also where does the reflector need to be cut? I really want to make one.
Thanks