Preon: Easy one-handed mod.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I loved the light but hated the 2-hand operation so I wrapped a 1/2" wide strip of black skateboard tape around the head of my Preon 1, then smoothed it down enough to not abrade clothing, but still provide good finger-grippiness.

Voila! A one-handed Preon.

Brightnorm

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Ha ha, why not just get the clicky switch just like I did with my preon 1. Anyway, its nice that you can operate your preon 1 in one handed operation now.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I hate twisties to begin with. I ordered the clicky tailcap to go with it. Looks better than tape.

lumenal

Enlightened
I hate twisties to begin with. I ordered the clicky tailcap to go with it. Looks better than tape.

Sooner or later, every clicky is going to break, just a mechanical fact.

Twisties, at least for me, seem to last much longer and be more reliable than a clicky. :rock:

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Sooner or later, every clicky is going to break, just a mechanical fact.

Twisties, at least for me, seem to last much longer and be more reliable than a clicky. :rock:

I agree. Besides, the Preon is already longer than the Fenix even without the clicky. However, there's no right or wrong to this; as always it's a matter of personal preference, and they are both excellent lights.

BN

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another way would be to get a small bit of wide shrink wrap tubing,the braided type would be ideal as it would give you extra grip.The whole job would take less than 30 seconds and would look factory fitted if done correctly.

A good Autoshop/garage would more than likely give you such a small bit for free or just a few cents.