• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Tailstanding Cap for Surefire T1A

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF!

So, based on some posts from the Titan T1A Pics & Info thread it seems like there would be some interest for an aftermarket tailcap for the T1A.
Here's the T1A thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230576&page=7

Steve Ku (Kuku427) is going to look into getting some tailcaps made that would allow for tailstanding, have a lanyard attachment point, and also trit slots. He's currently acquiring a T1A to make use for testing and he will have some renderings available in a few weeks. We're thinking it will probably cost around $30-40 dollars

For now, just express your general interest in a tailcap. Once the renderings are done I will post them here and you can choose which option/design you like best.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest List:
1. run4jc (Ti Titan too)
2. sledhead
3. ecallahan
4. scout24
5. BSBG
6. senna94 (Ti Titan too)
7. DeLionKing x2
8. Kestrel (Depending on thickness)
9. Bullzeyebill
10. jdriller
11. ninemm
12. gottawearshades x2 maybe
13. SFfanman
14. SCBlur
15. MSaxatilus (Ti Titan too)
16. Crenshaw
17. Count
18. Phredd
19. fasteddie
20. tsl
21. litbobber
22. leon2245
23. flymatt
24. Barbarian
25. ninemm x2 maybe

Maybes:
1. Computernut

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in!! I've been trying to find something that fit forever, with no luck. A tailstanding cap with a quality diffusor, like the one that came with the MJP Extreme III, would make it the perfect light.:D

ecallahan

Enlightened
I'm interested. I mostly carry in my pocket, so looking for something that would tailstand but not add bulk. Thanks!

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the interest guys!

I'm not sure if the tailcap is identical in construction between the Ti Titan and the T1A, can anyone comment? This is being modeled after the T1A, so Titan compatibility would be an added bonus I think.

ecallahan: I carry mine in the pocket too, so I hope it won't add too much bulk also. :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Although I imagine that there is less of a chance for me if these tailcaps are CNC'd, but perhaps the end of the run could be a 'thick base' model, with extra material left on the back end. I would subsequently drill it out to take a McClicky and a small switch boot - I could figure that modification out on my end.

I will determine how thick of a base would be necessary for this.

If it would help get this variant done, I would be in for 2 to 3 tailcaps done in this manner.

Sorry to make things more complicated, there is always someone who requests things be slightly different. :crazy:

Thanks,

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey K,

Not sure how thick or thin the finished product will be. I'll definitely pass your request/concern on to Steve. He'll have a better idea once he gets a T1A in his hand and to the shop that will be doing the work.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would be interested in the "simpler" tailcap mod. Got to keep bulk down, as I wear it around my neck most of the time.

Bill

KuKu427

Enlightened
Actually I am subscribed to this thread and I do read each post. Each opinion is welcomed but please understand that I will make the one that the most people want if there is a compatibility issue with the features desired.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I am subscribed to this thread and I do read each post. Each opinion is welcomed but please understand that I will make the one that the most people want if there is a compatibility issue with the features desired.

Thanks for chiming in Steve. Like he said, the tailcap design that is liked by the most people in the thread will be the design made. I don't think we'll have the ability to make more than one design.

I added a list of the interested parties to the second post so we can keep track. I know some of you may be interested in buying more than one, if so could you either edit your original post in the thread to reflect that, or post again to let me know. I'd like to keep an accurate count. Thanks!