Powertool battery, what to do?

Seneca

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys

I've got a question for you. I've got a bosch powertool that uses 10.8V batteries and has a great charger. And I would like to use the batteries that was included to power a good led light.

But I'm not quite sure on how to accomplish this... My first thought was to make a mold out of fiberglass and fit it to the battery. But my gut feeling says it will be kind of shoddy. My second thought was to mod a bosch flashlight designed for these batteries. But the one that is available (Bosch GLI) is not suitable in my mind to accomodate a high power led (insufficient heat dissipation).

I was thinking about buying one, and "chopping off" the lamp and reflector, and replacing them with something else.

Do you have any ideas? lovecpf

Foxx510

Enlightened
I'd get that one in the link and make a new head part with your own reflector, led and driver. The bit I mean is the silver head part in the photo, I'd make one up out of a chunk of aluminium cut to the same shape.

CKOD

Enlightened
Find the cheapest thing you can that takes that battery and add the socket onto whatever host you desire then. See if you can find something broken that someone wants to get rid of cheap, or see if you can find the flashlights refurbished, that way they are cheaper. Either way, if you wanna use that pack, tind the cheapest thing that fits it and actually locks onto the pack (since the chargers may or may not) and then have at it with a dremel and soldering iron :)

Seneca

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input. I think I'll buy the light and modify the head. I tried looking for used/broken or refurbished tools, but none were available.

Cheers!/Mats