What P60 drop in with 1- 123A battery?

ash211

Newly Enlightened
I'm mounting a Surefire mini Scout light onto my AR-15 (runs off of one battery) and I'm wondering which Malkoff drop ins I can use with it. I have a bunch of M60 LL's and I was wondering if I could use one of those with only one battery? If so what kind of lumen output / run time would I get? I know I could use an M31 but I'm looking for long run time. Can you still buy M30's?

Thanks for the help.

ash211

Newly Enlightened
Thanks but I'm trying to stick with Malkoff. It looks like I'll either have to stick with the M30 or M31, are they still selling the M30? Does anyone know what kind of run time I would get with either the M30 or M31?

Thanks

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I'm doing the same thing, but with a Surefire E1B. I bought the M31W with VME head.

I'm told I'll get about 45 minutes on 1xCR123 before the output drops to 130 lumens.

I'm under the impression the M31 replaces the M30.

brh

Newly Enlightened
I believe you're correct that you'll need M30/M31… The '3' vs '6' lines up with the Surefire model naming, which lines up with the voltage (approx. 3v from 1xCR123A, 6v from 2xCR123A, 9v from 3xCR123A…). Can't help you on runtime, as I don't (yet) have one myself, but at least you're headed in the right direction…!

ash211

Newly Enlightened
I'm doing the same thing, but with a Surefire E1B. I bought the M31W with VME head.

I'm told I'll get about 45 minutes on 1xCR123 before the output drops to 130 lumens.

I'm under the impression the M31 replaces the M30.

Anybody know about how long it will run after it drops to 130 lumens? It will be a backup light for me but I just want to make sure I have tactical levels of light 80+ lumens for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I recently rec'd a M31W and it is very nice for my uses, much better overall (IMO) than an M30 that I used to have. If you haven't read the Malkoff M31 thread here in /LED, I'd recommend reading through it for more info.

The M31 won't have quite the throw of the M30, but overall output is considerably higher.

If you are more concerned with runtime than max output, Gene M has stated that he hopes to develop a M31L. You might want to e-mail him directly with any questions regarding that possibility.

Good luck,

Last edited: