fenix vs eagletec

dontfearthereaper_20

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys i am new to cpf. I want to get a nice and bright flashlight i have a dorcy 220 lumen right now but the battery is horrible on it. I was looking at a fenix tk11 and tk12r5 but i hear eagletac makes a good light too i want to spend under 100 any sugestions would be great thank you for your help

Last edited:

vickers214

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with either to be honest and i think there is little to split them on most things, Choose the 2 you want and spend a bit of time doing research on here as you will find out stuff that is not at first obvious and it will help you make an informed choice.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i suggest looking at the 4sevens lights too. jetbeam, and olight as well.

good luck, if your not sure, theres a wealth of info here on CPF

m3flies

Banned
Seems like you're already sold on the EagleTac. While it wouldn't be a mistake to buy, it also wouldn't be a mistake to look at other lights. Though I don't own one, from what I've read, the Maelstrom G5 would be worth looking into, along with other suggestions you will receive from other members.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I spent about 2 months looking at all the brands. They all seem to have pros and cons, and you will find the occassional complaint. I dug deep on this sight. I wasn't too happy with many of the Quark reports about quality. Jetfire seems to be nice - but if you have an issue outside of the warranty your vendor gives you when you first buy the light - it can be a long time before you get your light back.

I settled between the P20C2 Mk II Eagletac and the TK 11. I bought the Eagletac. I then liked it so much I bought a T20C2 Mk II, and then a M2CX4 Mi II, and finally a T100C2 Mk II.

Truth be told, my fav is the P20 - the throw is not quite as far as the T20, but it has better flood. And when I shine both down my rear alley, the slightly shorter throw of the P20 really isn't that much difference in distance.

The P20 is also cheaper, and shorter, making it even better for pocket carry.

But, I did mount my T20 on a rifle I own. It fits rifle mounts and/or scope rings perfectly.

I may eventually get a Fenix, but after 4 Eagletacs, I really like their lights. I will likely buy others in the future.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
You can also try Flashlight Connection. I bought my T100C2 MKII there. Many options for tint, reflector and accessory packages.