ife1 nitecore only 1/2 hour run time ????

jv01

Newly Enlightened
i have a new nitecore ife1 smart ring. the manuel says 1 hour on high- i only get 1/2 hour. im using tenergy 3.0 volt rcr , i have ordered 3.6 volt rcr whats the diference in the two batterys other then voltage or is there a problem with the light . since im a noob , i did search but came up empty.:grin2:

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
Re: ifei nitecore only 1/2 hour run time ????

This is where a hobby charger might come in handy, you can measure the capacity of the cell with one of these, i've had some RCR123 measure 200mAh capacity (although they had been treated with care).

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, AFAIK, most "3.0v" Li-ion (LiFePO4 excluded) batteries are actually 3.6v Li-ion's with a small pcb that drops the cell voltage at the terminals.

This process wastes energy, so while a "3.0v" Li-ion may state the same capacity as a regular 3.6v Li-ion cell, it will not have the same capacity.

Even 3.6v Li-ion cells do not match the capacity of a Primary cell. Yes, technically current draw will be slightly lower at the tailcap due to the higher voltage, but it still will not have the same capacity as a regular CR123a cell. A high quality CR123 is rated at ~14-1500mAh's, as opposed to a Li-ion RCR123/16340 which generally state ~750mAh capacity, but rarely achieve >600mAh.

Start using a primary cell, and you will definitely notice increased run times.

jv01

Newly Enlightened

Well, AFAIK, most "3.0v" Li-ion (LiFePO4 excluded) batteries are actually 3.6v Li-ion's with a small pcb that drops the cell voltage at the terminals.

This process wastes energy, so while a "3.0v" Li-ion may state the same capacity as a regular 3.6v Li-ion cell, it will not have the same capacity.

Even 3.6v Li-ion cells do not match the capacity of a Primary cell. Yes, technically current draw will be slightly lower at the tailcap due to the higher voltage, but it still will not have the same capacity as a regular CR123a cell. A high quality CR123 is rated at ~14-1500mAh's, as opposed to a Li-ion RCR123/16340 which generally state ~750mAh capacity, but rarely achieve >600mAh.

Start using a primary cell, and you will definitely notice increased run times.

ok so when the manufacturer tests the lights they only use cr123 but they say you can use rcr123 thanks jv

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have some 3.0v rcr cells and they have a much lower capacity than I expected. That seems to be the norm for those cells.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok so when the manufacturer tests the lights they only use cr123 but they say you can use rcr123 thanks jv

Yes, basically. I know of no manufacturer that list runtimes with Li-ion cells next to that of their regular cells.

I am not familiar with this particular light, so I'm not sure if it is ok to use 3.6v Li-ion cells with it. YMMV

jv01

Newly Enlightened

I have some 3.0v rcr cells and they have a much lower capacity than I expected. That seems to be the norm for those cells.

well i ordered some 3.6 volt ones but i did not notice the big amp diff between the cr and rcr so there probaly wont be that much diff with the 3.6 cell. i just go threw to many batterys to use cr primarys i may have to go back to 18650 lights to get better run times. other than price and tought getting to low level the clip on this is very nice . thanks for the help. jv

jv01

Newly Enlightened

Yes, basically. I know of no manufacturer that list runtimes with Li-ion cells next to that of their regular cells.

I am not familiar with this particular light, so I'm not sure if it is ok to use 3.6v Li-ion cells with it. YMMV

it said you can use rcr just not 3.0 or 3.6 edit the web site i bought it from said you could run rcr
Specifications:

• Battery: 1 X CR123 or 1 X RCR123 rechargeable battery
  • Output & Runtime: max 260 lumens for approximately 1 hour
    min 0.5 lumen for approximately 100 hours
  • Effective illumination distance: 220 meters
  • Dimensions: bezel diameter 23mm, body diameter 20mm with a total length of 103mm
  • Weight: 65 grams

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast

when they say it can use RCR, it means they can use the 3.6v rechargeables. The 3.0v ones are for the lights that do not support RCR, that is where they are useful.

jv01

Newly Enlightened

when they say it can use RCR, it means they can use the 3.6v rechargeables. The 3.0v ones are for the lights that do not support RCR, that is where they are useful.[/QUOT

cool thanks thats good info

tonite i installed a cr123 x3.0volt x1400mah it ran from 10:58 to 11:55 before flash
i guess you can read and listen but i must experience to understand

Last edited: