Do LED Flashlights make you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Despite all the other bad, or unhappy things that may pop up in your life, do LED Flashlights make you happy?

If you heard someone talking about lumens, or lithium-ion batteries, 'Cree', 'good throw', 'nice pattern', how does it make you feel?

What happens when you hear someone mention Fenix, or Olight, EagleTac, or Surefire? What happens when you hear JetLight, or MG, or Nitecore, 4Sevens? Do you get tingles?

Does buying and collecting flashlights make you happy, or at least add some level of pleasantness in your life, other than it being something you have to buy because of work, or for your commute?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
they do indeed. I have been guilty of some "retail therapy" and purchasing a new light after something in life has me mad, upset, or down.

I immediately feel better and then spend the time reading about my new light while I wait for the mailman.

works for me. :shrug:

EDIT: with a name like CPFBiology it makes me wonder if this question is for a psychology, sociology, or some other term paper! :welcome:

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. So does money, food, electricity, the internet, and every other convenience.

Burgess

Flashaholic
for ME . . . .

It's more a matter of Being Prepared !

:candle:
_

brh

Newly Enlightened
My priority is definitely in being prepared, having the right tool for the job etc. But I will say that in a world that feels like everything just degrades into cheaper and cheaper simulacra of what once was, sometimes a good tool is more than a good tool. Having something that feels solid, well built, feels like thought and heart went into its design and production, something that you know you can rely on, something that is simple but produced to be the best it can be… Very satisfying, and comforting. Definitely makes me smile to handle the solid heft of my E1B. Or chuckle at the brightness that comes from a small package like the Aeon. Sometimes the humans who make our things really shine through them.

bansuri

Enlightened
I love flashlights for the advantage they give in the dark and the safety they represent in case of emergency.
I love LED lights because I've always found the pathetic runtimes of incandescent lights inexcusable, now we have Star Trek worthy output and runtimes with amazing LED emitters and high-capacity rechargeable batteries.
This is the Golden Age of Flashlights!

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Geico commercial came to mind as I read this (..Mandy Pansy land!).

+1 what Burgess said.

Despite all the other bad, or unhappy things that may pop up in your life, do LED Flashlights make you happy?

If you heard someone talking about lumens, or lithium-ion batteries, 'Cree', 'good throw', 'nice pattern', how does it make you feel?

What happens when you hear someone mention Fenix, or Olight, EagleTac, or Surefire? What happens when you hear JetLight, or MG, or Nitecore, 4Sevens? Do you get tingles?

Does buying and collecting flashlights make you happy, or at least add some level of pleasantness in your life, other than it being something you have to buy because of work, or for your commute?

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Im a flat out gear whore, I love anything well made, and it does give me that little happy feeling on the inside but Im pretty much happy all the time and have a friggin awesome life, i dont ever have to stress over money or work, college stresses me out rarely, women are the most stressful thing in my life and my girlfriend is beautiful, sweet ,and doesnt give me crap, hell she bought me a HDS170 for my birthday/anniversary present.

Ifrit

Newly Enlightened
The main reason I started collecting flashlights was just to be prepared under whatever circumstances. After i found the DX website, i ordered my first LED Cree flashlight and it made me grin ear to ear. I've since ordered a few more, and each time i get one in the mail, it feels like christmas. I think that it's the same way with anyone and a hobby though. If i were into trains, i would probably be excited about getting my new little train conductor guy.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

If you REALLY want to put a big:Dsmile on your face ............

Go do a Comparison of the beam of a properly focused , modern L.E.D. light ....... to that of an unmoded 80's era MagLight ..... at the same time .:eek:

That makes me happy .......... :nana: to MagLight

~

( Incand. lovers ... need not Jeer me ..... it's just a matter of preference for an old guy. )

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Most definitely. Playing with flashlights and being with my wife/kids makes me happy. Nullifies all the other stresses in my life. playing with flashlights with my kids...:twothumbs

nbp

Flashaholic
Erm, yes?:thinking:

@ Fisk: "and that's why the color yellow makes me sad...". :crackup:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love flashlights for the advantage they give in the dark and the safety they represent in case of emergency.
I love LED lights because I've always found the pathetic runtimes of incandescent lights inexcusable, now we have Star Trek worthy output and runtimes with amazing LED emitters and high-capacity rechargeable batteries.
This is the Golden Age of Flashlights!

Ever use a high quality incandescent? Runtime isn't much of a consideration to me when I'm enjoying the unparalled color rendition, depth and clarity that my incan's bring to the table. If there is a situation where long runtime is needed, then I turn to LED, otherwise I stick to the superiorty of incandescents.

Status
Not open for further replies.