Any 6D (or 3D)battery holders out there?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Looked on radioshacks website, can't find any. I am planning on making an emergency light. It will use 3 or 6 D batteries, and have 4 RCA plugs for power. The LED's will be in clusters. Basically, I am making a large version of Ab's map dinosaurs. I'll have a flexible stalk (don't have a CLUE how to do this though) that has different LED's. I'll have a single LED for ungodly runtimes (lets see, 25 milliamps with 36 amps available=a couple months STRAIGHT runtime), a couple clusters of 3 or 5, and either a 10 LED or single luxeon (with removable optic for area lighting or spot lighting). Basically I'll be able to choose how long I need my batteries to last and I'll be able to aim the light where it is needed. I could set it in the middle of the room, have a wide angle LED lighting up the floor, have a couple stalks pointing at the doorways, and a luxeon pointing across the room, etc. Plug and play. The question, is can I find an 6D battery holders and how do I make flexible stalks?

Spud

I'll probably clip the wires on the battery holder and make it series/parallel with alligator clips and run alligator clips to a project box that will have the RCA jacks on it, and also a long 9V connector on it, that way I can unplug the LED's, stick a different stalk on (with sets of 2 led's in series), change the jumpers, and have an area light that I can also power anything that uses 9 volt batteries like radios, etc, without having to buy expensive 9 volts. Or, I could do away with modding the voltage at all and just use sets of 2 LED's and/or resistors, but it would be nice to be able to use 3 OR 6 batteries.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Yep....they have a 6D holder I want....minimum order of 100. Digikey sells their holders. They have a 3D holder I wouldn't mind too bad. They also have the 6D holder....minimum order of 100 on the 6D. The 3D one can be had in singles quantities. I'm HOPING radiohack MIGHT have a 6D holder that isn't listed on their website....I'm crossing my fingers. I did find radioshack has a neat 8RCA jack plate for $4, and I can get an 8 pack of RCA plugs for $4.

From the batteryholders I would like the BH26DL except I cannot find it in singles quantities. IF I can find a 6D holder locally, I'll be set. If not, radioshack has single D holders for $1 each....that would be cheaper than having the digikey ones shipped. I need to figure out an EASY way to switch between 4.5 volts and 9 volts (I WANT to figure out how to do it with one switch that will go from series to series/parallel, not sure how likely that is).

Spud