Sky Lumen        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is your "precious"?

Default Which is your "precious"?

Which light of all the lights you own, do you consider your "precious" either because you love the light to death, or it is your EDC, or you will pamper that one light more than the rest?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Which is your "precious"?

I'd have to say my Cool Fall Tri-V. I carry it on my person through the day, has a warm flood and piercing aspheric on a single light. All that and an extremely flexible programming structure make a light that fits almost all occasions I might come across! I was very sad the day it took a knock and I marked up the bezel

That would be my HDS Systems High CRI EDC. I carry it with me everywhere. Except on an airplane because I am afraid it will be stolen. I will take one of my cheaper lights. On my last trip it was a Zebralight SC50.

For me it's my new Jet-III Pro ST.

Originally bought it to go on my bike helmet, I find myself taking it off and putting it my messenger bag to have with me as often as possible. I'm planning on getting something a little less nice to put on my helmet; I like the JetBeam too much to relegate it to helmet/bike use only.
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Mine would have to be the Custom SS EDC I bought from ma_sha1 recently.

It's everything I want in a light. (Hasn't stopped me from buying more, though!)

For me its my Pelican M6 lithum. I swaped the stock xenon for a Thrunite xp-g, 3 mode. This light is my first light and still my favotire. I am running primary cr123's from battery station. Its stll my EDC

For me it's my 007 (Thats why it's in the center)

none, because they are tools, and i'm not a nut.

For me it's my Olight M21. I don't know why I love this thing so darn much but I do...so much so that I have 3 of them...that's right, 3. One for my Jeep, one for my EDC Bag, and one for back-up.

My custom RA Clicky, it's my edc, gets a lot of use and has not let me down.

Surefire A2 aviator, especially considering I've only owned it a month or so.
    My Lights Here

My mini L2M SS SE. Love the hefty weight and it's bling.
    Pick the pooch!

My HDS Ra 170T and my new ZL SC60, I can't leave home without at least one of them so I guess that makes them my precious.
    My flashlight collection HERE

My new Surefire C2 bored to take 18650 with a Nailbender 3 mode DD SST-90 as I know its tough and will last me a long time.

Flashaholic*

Nightcore D10 R2. Just the perfect EDC light for me. Small, great UI with the ramping and high/low shortcuts letting me get whatever level of light I want in at most two clicks, nice beam pattern, tough, ingenious design with the piston instead of a mechanical or electrical switch that could break...

My Novatac EDC120p has been the light that is slowly being worn out.
    it has been my EDC since i bought it years ago, and has been nothing but reliable in all that time.
    It also has a bunch of memories attached , it was in my pocket when I got married, and has been no more than a few meters away the whole time I have had it

I am babying my new 9p though, although it will eventually end up like the novatac, minimal damage, but with all the rough edges worn off
    Last edited by Echo63; 08-17-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

i'M A NuT!!!

My 3-Flats C3 (S/N 3058) and my M3 (S/N 308). Just because they're both awesome lights, and due to there popularity/rarity, were hard to come by, or will be hard to replace. My most expensive ones don't really mean as much too me.

Shado - That's not even fair. What about the rest of us??

All are tools for me. But the most frequently picked from my drawer is Olight M20.

Flashaholic*

HDS EDC U60 (upgraded a couple of times).

It's so precious I haven't bought another light that I carry/use as often.

My "precious" would be my Surefire 6P from ElectronGuru (before oveready.com existed) in black HA III bored for 18650 with a custom clip made by Moddoo (I think only a couple clips were made) with a nailbender SST-90 1 level drop-in.

I only use IMR 18650's in it and it is one hell of a bright light! It gets real hot real fast but it packs a serious punch!

The flashlight I would feel most lost without though is my Preon II. I use it every single day at work and I keep thinking about buying a second one just in case I finally loose it or break it.

That's hard to say since all of my lights get used and they all have their distinct advantages for certain situations. But, if I had to pick one it would probably be my Fenix LD20 just because it gets used the most by far since it's my EDC light and I never go anywhere without it.

Mine is my Lunasol 20. The only time I DON'T carry it is when I think I might be going through some kind of checkpoint. Then I trade it for my Nitecore D10 (GDP+ version) or my Zebralight SC50.
    It's better to have and not need than need and not have.
    South Florida get-together for anyone who's interested!

The one that gets the most carry/use time is my SPY007 with the cool white. For 90+% of my "needs" this one fits the bill perfectly.
    For pure FUN, that is the Tri-V. It gets the most TLC and "play time"
    Sorry no pics of the family at this time.

Enlightened

IDK...I have too many cool lights...

I guess right now I'd go with either my Quark 123x2 Turbo or AAx2 regular. I'd say my SF defender 200 lumen, but it only has high and low outputs. My maelstrom G5 is on back order, so I can't comment yet.

I just bought 2 Malkoff M61 (normal and neutral tint) and a MD2 and MD4 body...I'll let you know how they treat me when I get them.

Flashaholic*

My Malkoff Wildcat V2.. I'll sell this thing after I sell all my clothes.

Currently my HDS Basic 42 XR GT.

Well, currently only until my new RA 140 Clicky comes back from having Henry look at a small possible issue with it.

I'm getting restlesss-ess to get back my presss-ciousss-esss-esss.

I have an M4 on the way to me which has always been my dream light. I think I will spend many hours caressing it and saying "my precious". For me an item makes the "permanent" EDC list after it has proved itself and winds up being a part of me. At this point they become tools and I admire their daily wear rather than be annoyed at their scars. It's pretty much come down to my E2E-BK (with Z68) and L1 (with F04). I've tried to narrow it down to just one but I always wind up taking both.

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    My 3-Flats C3 (S/N 3058) and my M3 (S/N 308). Just because they're both awesome lights, and due to there popularity/rarity, were hard to come by, or will be hard to replace.

My feelings exactly, for me it would be my two (early production) 3-flats SF C2 & C3 - it took a while to get this pair and they would be rather difficult to replace. I've used the C3 more than all my other lights combined - the feel in my hand is perfect IMO. The nice part is that by getting them used, I don't have to sweat any more nicks.

Last edited by Kestrel; 08-17-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added pics

I guess I have two that have really always been shelf queens. They are the Arc LSL and the Arc AA.

Geoff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast